Windows 10: Sound Volume

Discus and support Sound Volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last update on my surface pro, my surface sound volume will not go above about 30% maximum volume when using the docking station connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarlSelf, Sep 21, 2019.

1. CarlSelf Win User

Sound Volume

Since the last update on my surface pro, my surface sound volume will not go above about 30% maximum volume when using the docking station connected via serial port and speaker. The results are also the same on the unit if and if I plug in the head phone jack.

I have restarted the unit several times and this really sucks considering how much I use the system for recording and editing videos as well as learning modules and podcasts.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

:)

CarlSelf, Sep 21, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Volume :p

cadaveca, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 21, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Volume

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Sound Volume

1. Sound Volume - Similar Threads - Sound Volume

2. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Sound is very low even at 100% volume I've been having troubles with my computer's sound settings. My speakers are extremely quiet. I can only hear them extremely low when I raise my volume to 100%. My speaker's volume settings is at maximum as well. All of my wires are...
  3. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is very low even at 100% volume: Sound is very low even at 100% volume I've been having troubles with my computer's sound settings. My speakers are extremely quiet. I can only hear them extremely low when I raise my volume to 100%. My speaker's volume settings is at maximum as well. All of my wires are...
  4. Sound is very low even at 100% volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  6. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  7. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  9. Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound thingy is empty, also volume mixer volume does not save.: Windows sound thingy is empty and volume mixer volume does not save. Everytime i set a program's volume, it randomly changes back to 100 some minutes later. I do not know how to fix it. I am on windows 11. I will attach a screenshot with the empty volume thingy, no devices...
  10. Audio Problem - Youtube and volume adjustment only. They sound distorted.

Audio Problem - Youtube and volume adjustment only. They sound distorted.: Tried 2 browsers, no external devices on Dell Inspirion. Sounds from other websites and itunes are normal. Updated chrome and checked for flash player updates. I believe it started with an update several days ago. This laptop came with Windows 10 and upgraded via offer to...