Windows 10: Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10

Discus and support Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My issue may overlap Godot's. My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I heard a loud vibrating, grating sound lasting 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by magicmagic3, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10

My issue may overlap Godot's.

My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I heard a loud vibrating, grating sound lasting 3 seconds. and I had no sound, tried to play from other sources, other sites, youtube, etc. NADA. I then realized my speaker light was off. I tried resetting, tried different usb ports, etc. NO SOUND. I searched , ran microsoft 'detection' which said my drivers are fine, hardware is fine, everything A-OK. but still no sound. (I did just about all the moves Godot made.prior to posting a related problem here.)

I purchased a driver updater recommended by PC Mag, and updated 15 drivers. I tried different output devece settings. NOTHING. I tried headphones as well as speakers no sound..

Something had done an update just prior to the initial mess-up. Not sure whether it had been Firefox or Windows 10. That was over a month ago.

A week ago a pop-up said Windows Media Player did not disconnect properly. - I think that was what it said, and when I followed it it said THIS APPLIES TO WINDOWS 7 !!!. I haven't been using Win7 for 3-4 years. Can an update from Windows have confused my sound system? Switched it back to Win 7? FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE!

Windows 10, Dell Inspiron desktop 7 year old computer, in use 6 years, orig used Win 7. Lots of unused potential, because I don't download movies. Music is my own music, essentially, plus use of sites like youtube, etc. - without much downloading.

I received the following suggestions from Vijay days ago, which I followed:

Does this make any sense? Your help would be very, very much appreciated. -from magicmagic3

:)

magicmagic3, Mar 21, 2019

2. My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

My issue may overlap Godot's.

My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I was out of the room but heard a loud vibrating, grating sound lasting a second or 2. I discovered I had no sound, tried to play from other sources, other sites, youtube, etc. NADA. I then realized
    my speaker light was off. I tried resetting, tried different usb ports, etc. NADA. I searched , ran microsoft checks which said my drivers are fine, hardware is fine, everything A-OK. but NADA. I did just about all the moves Godot made.prior to posting
    his problem here..

I purchased a driver reset that was recommended by PC Mag, and rest 15 drivers. I tried different output devece settings. NOTHING. I shopped around for new speakers, confused, but then thought it would make sense to try headphones. NADA.

I think something had done an update just prior to the initial mess-up. Not sure whether it had been Firefox or Windows 10. That was over a month ago.

TODAY! Oddly, a pop-up suddenly said Windows Media Player did not disconnect properly. - I think that was what it said, and when I followed it it said THIS APPLIES TO WINDOWS 7 !!!. I haven't been using Win7 for 3-4 years. Can an update from Windows have
    confused my sound system? Switched it back to Win 7? FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE!

Where can I go from here? Dell Inspiron desktop 7 year old comp, in use 6 years, orig used Win 7. Lots of unused potential, because I don't download movies. Music on my computer involves my own music

only, essentially, plus use of music sites like youtube, etc. - without much downloading.

Does this make any sense? Your help would be very, very much appreciated. -from

magicmagic3, Mar 21, 2019
  3. annk333 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade loud buzzing audio problem

I just upgraded to Win10 and am having the same issue - loud, disjunct, crackling noises when playing anything with audio.

Under the Sound dropdown list, I have IDT High Def Audio CODEC - is that what I uninstall?

Thank you,

Ann

annk333, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10

My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

Hi magicmagic3

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Please try these steps and check after each step. If these don't work, let me know. I will provide further troubleshooting steps.

1. Run Audio / Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Windows Key+i > Update & security > Troubleshoot >

A. Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter

B. Hardware & Devices > Run the troubleshooter

2. Take actions related to Audio Driver

Windows Key+X > Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Sound, Video & game controllers > Right Click on the entry below (if more than one, then you will have to repeat the steps for all) > Properties > Driver Tab >

A. Roll Back - If Roll back driver is enabled, roll it back

B. Update - Update driver

C. Download and reinstall the driver from computer manufacturer's website - If you face issue, let me know your computer make and model?

3. Check Speaker / headphone is not disabled and is set as default

Type Sound in Windows Start Seach box > Click Sound > Under Playback tab, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices > Select Speaker and click on Properties and make sure that it is is enabled > You may also
    check if the Speaker that you are using is set as default.

Vijay_Verma, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10

1. Sound went out while music was playing -LOUD GRATING NOISE FOR 3 SECONDS -desktop,Win10 - Similar Threads - Sound went while

2. Computer crashes/loud buzzing & sometimes BSOD from playing music/sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes/loud buzzing & sometimes BSOD from playing music/sound: System: Core-i7 5960x @ 3.0 32 GB ddr4 GTX TITAN X Hybrid ASUS x99-deluxe MOBO Logitech z906 5.1Problem: Sound drivers? Sound card? I don't recall changing anything recently but the problem has made my PC unusable with any kind of bass-heavy song/video/noise. If the level of...
  3. Static sound (Loud White Noise)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static sound (Loud White Noise): Whenever I start up my computer or play any kind of audio, there’s an extremely annoying static sound in my earbuds. The issue does not happen with the computer’s speakers. I have tested it with multiple earbuds so I know it is not the earbuds’ problem. I’m not sure if this...
  4. Sound quieting when loud sounds play.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound quieting when loud sounds play.: I was listening to Spotify while playing a Roblox fps and every time I shot the loud gun, the sound of my music would quiet because after the gunshot stopped it remained quiet for 1 to 2 seconds after. How can I make it so that my music/ youtube video does not quiet when a...
  5. Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?: Bought a Surface laptop 3 back in January (15" AMD Ryzen. 8GB Memory. 128GB SSD. Platinum). I only use it for home office stuff (light surfing online, light MS Office word/excel, paying bills, etc). Its been a great laptop until a month ago when started buzzing like a bee...
  6. Sound went out

Sound went out: We just got new computers at work. I was listening to something as I worked and I hit the volume control on the Logitech Wireless K270 keyboard and the sound went completely out, even though all indications are there should be sound coming out. I didn't hit the mute button,...
  7. My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound went out while music was playing, loud grating sound for 2 seconds ...: magicmagic3______________________________ My issue may overlap Godot's. My sound went out while music was playing, from a music site. I was out of the room but heard a loud vibrating, grating sound lasting a second or 2. I discovered I had no sound, tried to play from...
  8. Loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loud noises: whenever I turn on my computer it starts making a loud static noise . I cant turn it off until i turn my computer off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-noises/d3b5fe5b-02ce-4d42-b5f2-2ddbda803e59
  9. win10 random hangs loud buzzing noise

win10 random hangs loud buzzing noise: This happens - 1 in photoshop 2 premiere 3 surfing internet 4 excel My event logs are effing crazy with errors and warnings - I run Bitdefender all updates to windows 10 have been done... oh I updated this systems 2 hours before crash - hadn't happened in 3 weeks I...
  10. Hard lock, loud noise crash while playing games.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard lock, loud noise crash while playing games.: Hello I've been experiencing the same crash repeatedly now, while playing any game(it's happened so far in Rainbow Six Siege, Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3) my screen will randomly lock up and there's always a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEE sound until I shut the PC off manually with the...