Windows 10: Sound when entering password at windows startup

Discus and support Sound when entering password at windows startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RLG77, Mar 29, 2022.

1. RLG77 Win User

Sound when entering password at windows startup

My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar sounds in windows default sytem sounds, etc. Any help is appreciated.

:)

RLG77, Mar 29, 2022

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Mar 29, 2022
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

Sound when entering password at windows startup [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 29, 2022
  4. Sound when entering password at windows startup

Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2022
Thema:

Sound when entering password at windows startup

1. Sound when entering password at windows startup - Similar Threads - Sound entering password

2. Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  3. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  4. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  5. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  7. Sound when entering password at windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound when entering password at windows startup: My husband's Dell Inspirion laptop started making what I think is a system sound - like a chirp or squeak, not a beep - when he begins typing his password to log on to Windows 10. It only happens then. Would like to remove that sound, if possible. Not finding any similar...
  8. Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?: 1. I have linked my Microsoft account to my digital license. 2. Via "netplwiz", I have deselected "User must enter a user name and password to use this computer" for the said account. 3. I have set a Windows Hello PIN. 4. At Windows startups, I have to enter either the...
  9. Blue Screen with "Enter Password" On startup screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blue Screen with "Enter Password" On startup screen: I have a custom built desktop pc running the latest version of windows 10, no problems until I got this screen when I tried starting up my computer. I cant get into the regular windows sign in screen and no passwords I try work for this. Any help[IMG]...
  10. Lagging on startup after entering password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lagging on startup after entering password: So lately I've been noticing that when I turn on my laptop, I get to the screen where I enter my PIN in the same amount of time as usual, but after I enter it, I'm seeing the spinning circle for a lot longer before being brought to the desktop. I've basically disabled every...