Windows 10: Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

Discus and support Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks New to Windows 10. On my wife's new laptop, when a notification occurs, there is a muted tone. On my newly-installed Windows 10 Pro, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArthurDent, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

Hi folks

New to Windows 10.

On my wife's new laptop, when a notification occurs, there is a muted tone.

On my newly-installed Windows 10 Pro, it is far TOO LOUD and I can't figure out a way to reduce the volume.

Example. I browse to a new page in Google and I get a brief message in the lower right-hand corner about a skipped redirect and a loud tone (chime) plays when this notification appears. How can I turn the volume down on this so it isn't as irritating - without turning the sound level of the whole system sown or turning the speakers down?

Thanks

Art

Win 10 Pro Version 2004, build 19041.264

:)

ArthurDent, Jun 21, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD :p

cadaveca, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Sound goes loud itself

Hi Sulthan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues with sound while playing music or video, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the pending updates though Windows updates.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates.

Step 2: Run Audio troubleshooter.

To find and fix problems with playing audio.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Playing audio.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

Loud system sounds

Hello.

Problem is that I can't change loudness of the Windows notifications. There is "System sounds" volume mixer, but it doesn't change loudness of Windows tray notifications, and every such notify plays a maximal loud sound! It's annoying.

Владимир Kryvian, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

1. Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD - Similar Threads - Sound Notifivations TOO

2. Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound with Notifivations is TOO LOUD: Hi folks New to Windows 10. On my wife's new laptop, when a notification occurs, there is a muted tone. On my newly-installed Windows 10 Pro, it is far TOO LOUD and I can't figure out a way to reduce the volume. Example. I browse to a new page in Google and I get a brief...
  3. Volume way too loud

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume way too loud: I recently switched harddrives and reïnstalled Windows. My volume however is a LOT higher than it used to be before. I had this before, but I could work around it just fine. However, this time even 5% volume sounds like 90. This can't be right. I've tried a few things...
  4. Loud fan exhaust sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud fan exhaust sound.: After latest windows update fan exhaust sound is too loud, not even in one laptop but in 3 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loud-fan-exhaust-sound/2fc4949e-51bf-4f90-89b1-07dcadd2116e
  5. Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.: Yesterday I built a PC and put in a new motherboard and processor. Today when i watched a video on youtube, the volume was VERY low. I had to turn the youtube volume up all the way, and my headphone volume up ALL the way to be able to here it at a decent level. I used to only...
  6. Sound volume extremely loud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound volume extremely loud: I have the issue that my external USB-Soundcard - that works perfectly fine on my main computer - has an extremely high base volume on my work PC. On my main PC I have the volume set to 30, however on my work PC I need to set the very same Soundcard to a volume of 4 or my...
  7. Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10: Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when...
  8. Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10: Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when...
  9. Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...

Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...: Hi guys im rather frustrated now... I recently got a new desktop to windows 10 and everything is working fine but that was till I noticed that the sound was being too loud for what it should be. Let's say right now i have it on volume 15 it will sound like volume 80, this...
  10. Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...: Hi guys im rather frustrated now... I recently got a new desktop to windows 10 and everything is working fine but that was till I noticed that the sound was being too loud for what it should be. Let's say right now i have it on volume 15 it will sound like volume 80, this...