Windows 10: Sound won't play out of my headset

Discus and support Sound won't play out of my headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried all the guides I could find on this website but nothing works because my computer just doesn't seem to even realize my headset is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Josh Gardner, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Sound won't play out of my headset

I've tried all the guides I could find on this website but nothing works because my computer just doesn't seem to even realize my headset is plugged in. I've tried this with multiple headphones and headsets and my computer shows that the Mic in all of them is connected but the speaker part of them isn't and I've checked to see if they are disabled and whatever but it just says they aren't plugged in. I don't think this is a problem with the port on my computer as it was just working the other day but hasn't since the new update that happened either a day or a few days ago. If anyone has any answers it would be appreciated.

:)

Josh Gardner, Jul 31, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound won't play out of my headset :p

cadaveca, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Headset not playing sounds after mute and unmute

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Did you connect your headset to any other device and check if the issue re-occurs?
    I suggest you to set your headset as default and check.To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Type sound in the search bar.

• Right click on
      headset/microphone
      , click on default.
    If issue persists,

As you said with other headset it is working fine,so,the issue might occur with your headset only.

In that case, I recommend you to contact the headset support.

You can also refer this article

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 31, 2019
  4. JimR123 Win User

Sound won't play out of my headset

Bluetooth single-ear headset for playing music and other sounds?

Hi,

I have a Jabra BT250v bluetooth headset and a Toshiba Portege G900 (running Windows Mobile 6).

I want to be able to play music and other sounds (such as satnav instructions) through my Jabra headset, but am having no luck as far.

It seems that the problem is that when I get a list of bluetooth services for the Jabra, it only lists "hands free" and not anything like "headset". Maybe I'm wrong that this is the problem.

Can somebody please suggest a single-ear headset that definitely plays music and such from a Windows Mobile 6 device?

Many thanks,

Jim

JimR123, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Sound won't play out of my headset

1. Sound won't play out of my headset - Similar Threads - Sound won't play

2. My computer won't play sounds anymore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't play sounds anymore!: I was doing something and I couldn't hear anything! Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-play-sounds-anymore/774d9720-e931-4fd7-93fb-159870324338
  3. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  4. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  5. How do I get sound to play out of two different headsets?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get sound to play out of two different headsets?: I want to record me and a friend talking about a video. We both have headsets headphones+mics that have USB interaction HyperX Cloud II.I can get obs to recognize that these are different mics and I can get both tracks to record independently. I cannot for the life of me get...
  6. no sound is coming out of my wired headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound is coming out of my wired headset: No sound is coming out of my wired headset, it has an adapter that goes from a 2 male 3.5mm jacks to a 3.5mm female then my headset plugs into the female. I have tried a lot but it hasn't worked since yesterday . this problem started when i tried to play VR and launched...
  7. HDMI won't play sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  8. Headset won't play audio.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset won't play audio.: Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right, it was, then I...
  9. My Audio won't play on my headset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Audio won't play on my headset.: Alright, so I recently got a new headset, Turtle Beach Stealth 400, and I wanted to play my games using it (as all people do) but when I booted up any game the audio came out of my laptop and nothing from the headset. So I checked if it was plugged in right, it was, then I...
  10. My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound: Hi, I have been roaming around the Microsoft forums and i have not found my problem at all. People have asked this question, and i have done everything they say, and nothing works I have a Windows 10 Laptop from about 2017 (Still under warranty till 27th of December,...