Windows 10: Sound won't play through earphone but only though the laptop speakers

Discus and support Sound won't play through earphone but only though the laptop speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I had updated my sound drivers and I plugged in my earphones and it came up with a window saying "You just plugged a device into the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by E3eee, Apr 16, 2020.

1. E3eee Win User

Sound won't play through earphone but only though the laptop speakers

Recently I had updated my sound drivers and I plugged in my earphones and it came up with a window saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack" With this, a window would pop up saying what kind of device I had plugged in and would give out the options: headphones, earphones, headphones with microphone, etc.

I can't remember what option I set it to and I told it to remember my settings but I don't know how to change it and I saw somewhere that it required a registry edit but didn't say how. I've also seen that you have to change the default playback device but my headphones don't have a driver or at least an option for the driver they're apple headphones and I don't want to restore my PC to an earlier state with a restore point so is there another way or will I have to use the registry editor, and if so how do I do it?

:)

E3eee, Apr 16, 2020
  2. NM_1710 Win User

Sound plays through both speakers and earphones

Hi

After the anniversary update of windows 10, I observed static noise in my speakers. So, I uninstalled the audio driver and again installed it from HP site. Now, there's no static noise, although there's occasional crackling noise in my earphones.

The main problem that I face now is that, on connecting my earphones to my laptop, sound continues to play in both speakers and earphones simultaneously... I've tried all the solutions listed in a few other queries here, on the community, but nothing seems
    to help..

Please do help me as soon as possible... : (

NM_1710, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Feasaw Win User
    PLAY SOUND FROM EARPHONES AND SPEAKERS SIMULTANEOUSLY

When I plugged in the earphones on my Toshiba laptop which I purchased in 2012, a window would pop up and I could choose wheather I wanted to play sound from the earphones only or both the earphones and the laptop speakers. But now I have this old HP G62
    which I believe has the same specs as my old toshiba laptop, but I can't figure out how to let the laptop speakers continue playing even when the ear phones are jacked in. The laptop has just been upgraded to win10. Is there a simple way of doing this or do
    I have to install some program? (the Sound>Recording>SterioMix>... thing doesn't work)

Feasaw, Apr 16, 2020
  4. applepie Win User

Windows 10: No Sound coming out of earphones (only speakers work)

It's a laptop (dual booting Win10[recently upgraded from win7 64bit] and Elementary OS Freya)

It's nothing to do with hardware issues

Earphones worked fine on my Elementary OS so my audio jack is definitely not broken or anything like that. Earphones work on my phone as well so i'm quite positive it's to do with windows 10 only.

No sound coming out of earphones

There's no sound coming out of the earphones, and I'm sure it's nothing to do with them because they work fine when I plug them into my phone. Also, I've tried another pair of earphones which resulted the same. However, the sound works perfectly without the earphones plugged into my laptop, the speakers are fine.

unsure if it's to do with drivers

I've tried uninstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers, reinstalling and nothing works.

However, I have Windows 10 but could only find drivers for Windows 7/8

settings

I've googled a bit and most would suggest something like checking the playback devices but the only one on my list is 'Speakers'.

Realtek detected my earphones

When I plug in my earphones, Realtek detected them and even popped up the notification saying 'you just plugged a device into the audio jack'

http://imgur.com/dFqaTU1
    as shown in the picture, when i toggle my mouse onto the black circle, it clearly detected something was plugged in, but somehow audio just won't play through my earphones.

applepie, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound won't play through earphone but only though the laptop speakers - Similar Threads - Sound won't play

2. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  3. Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound playing out of both earphones and speaker: i recently got my ssd changed and factory reset my laptop, which updated it to windows 11.. ever since then whenever i plug in my wired earphones it detects that a device was plugged in and the audio plays from both the earphones and the speaker, when i go into playback to...
  4. Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor: Sound was working fine with my 5.1 speakers until my desktop computer blue screened. Long story short, I had to re-install Windows 10. Once the re-install was complete, I noticed I no longer had sound from my speakers. The other sound source is from my monitor. It will only...
  5. Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor: Sound was working fine with my 5.1 speakers until my desktop computer blue screened. Long story short, I had to re-install Windows 10. Once the re-install was complete, I noticed I no longer had sound from my speakers. The other sound source is from my monitor. It will only...
  6. Audio problem -- Sound won't play through speakers - only the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sony Vaio laptop not playing sound through laptop speakers

Sony Vaio laptop not playing sound through laptop speakers: I have a Sony Vaio laptop VJS131 with Windows 10 Pro on it. Within the last two days my computer has stopped playing sounds through the laptop speakers. Audio from external speakers/headphones works fine, but no sound plays from the computer's speakers. I have ensured that...
  8. No sound through speakers only through headphones

No sound through speakers only through headphones: I doubt Ill EVER get this fixed but im compelled to keep trying and asking. Lenovo X220 no sound through speakers only through headphones. Ive read at least a hundred threads on this and tried the suggested solutions, but none have worked for me. Ive installed and...
  9. no sound plays through internal speakers

no sound plays through internal speakers: I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists its location at HDMI...
  10. Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.

Game sounds not playing through laptop speakers.: I have recently develped an issue.I cannot play video game sounds through my laptop speaker.Other sounds such as music,movies and notifications work just fine.Its just the game sounds.So i assumed it was some kind of driver issue so i checked realtek and intel audio drivers...