Windows 10: Sound working but after restart sometimes not working completely - only ding sound from...

Discus and support Sound working but after restart sometimes not working completely - only ding sound from... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No problems found with Windows. Sometimes simply after restart only 'ding' sound of volume level changing at start panel could be heard from speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damián Gabriel, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Sound working but after restart sometimes not working completely - only ding sound from...

No problems found with Windows. Sometimes simply after restart only 'ding' sound of volume level changing at start panel could be heard from speakers but no other sounds neither Windows or other apps (games). Simple restart wil do the job. But it's a bit annoying restarting computer after you turn on sound and realize it's not working. There are no new drivers available. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

Damián Gabriel, Feb 19, 2019

2. sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 19, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Feb 19, 2019
  4. tkpenalty Win User

Sound working but after restart sometimes not working completely - only ding sound from...

Onboard sound not working

*Bang Head :banghead: *Bang Head :banghead: *Bang Head :banghead: Why won't the sound work after installation of the sound drivers?! Its not even detecting my device and listing it as an "Audio codec"

tkpenalty, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Sound working but after restart sometimes not working completely - only ding sound from...

1. Sound working but after restart sometimes not working completely - only ding sound from... - Similar Threads - Sound working restart

2. Laptop making ding sound .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop making ding sound .: Hello guys ,I got a new laptop couple of days ago and its making a ding sound even after muted and a notice a little hitch when it makes the sound . Everything else is running fine. laptop is super quiet and its not fan noise . Some people told me that it maybe is a HDD sound...
  3. Laptop making ding sound .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop making ding sound .: Hello guys ,I got a new laptop couple of days ago and its making a ding sound even after muted and a notice a little hitch when it makes the sound . Everything else is running fine. laptop is super quiet and its not fan noise . Some people told me that it maybe is a HDD sound...
  4. sound only works with headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound only works with headphones: i have tried every tutorial i can find online. troubleshooting says it cannot find the problem. i have reinstalled drivers, restored to a previous version, scanned for hardware changes, reinstalled from the manufacturer's website, literally everything. please help! i have a...
  5. sound only works with headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound only works with headphones: i have tried every tutorial i can find online. troubleshooting says it cannot find the problem. i have reinstalled drivers, restored to a previous version, scanned for hardware changes, reinstalled from the manufacturer's website, literally everything. please help! i have a...
  6. sound only works with headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Random ding sound from win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random ding sound from win 10: so i have this problem since yesterday. The ding sound comes in every couple minute. https://soundcloud.com/joo-earn/ding-sound As you can hear about 4-6 second in this recording. Btw i was playing csgo with my fren then. Anyone know whats cause this? I tried to turn off...
  8. Sound sometimes doesn't work.

Sound sometimes doesn't work.: Hi, Sometimes I've got no audio through my speakers. The fix is always to restart the computer, and it works. But about half the time I startup, I've got no sound and need to keep restarting until I've got audio. The drivers seem good, the connection is fine....
  9. Sound/ mic sometimes do not work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound/ mic sometimes do not work?: A few weeks ago I started getting a bug where about half the times I boot my computer I get no sound and my microphone doesn't work. This is the case with both my headset with an external adapter and my speakers which connect to my motherboard. Sometimes I restart it and the...
  10. Sound not working on start up have to restart to get sound working

Sound not working on start up have to restart to get sound working: Hi all Windows 10 on Compaq CQ58 when laptop first powered up sound does not work, we have to use restart to get sound working, any one know what is causing this and how to fix it cheers 96915