Windows 10: Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

Discus and support Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/michaelguest, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/michaelguest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/michaelguest, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Compumind Win User

Brave vs. Chrome

My suggestion -

Go with Firefox. I hate Chrome and Brave is meh.

FWIW. *chuckle

Compumind, Mar 19, 2021
  3. munk1955 Win User
    Brave vs. Chrome

I don't like Chrome either but I really like Brave and use it as my #1 browser.....I admit it could use a few upgrades but I'm all in for anything that is trying to protect my privacy.....And then my #2 browser is FF.

munk1955, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

Chrome and Brave resize when clicking the title bar

I've recently installed Win 10 Pro and am observing very weird behaviour. Let's assume the following scenario:

1. There are Chrome and Discord open. Chrome is full screen and Discord is not.
    2. I click on the Chrome in the taskbar - Chrome now occupies the whole screen.
    3. I click on the Discord in the taskbar - now there is a Discord window occupying some space and there is Chrome in background.
    4. I click on the Chrome title bar - the Chrome goes from full screen to occupying only a part of it, as if I have double clicked the title bar.

Initially I assumed it to be a mouse double clicking. However, I've checked a second mouse and other programs, and it doesn't seem to be the case. Here are the changes in programs and corresponding results:

1. Chrome, Discord - present.
    2. Brave, Discord - present.
    3. Firefox, Discord - not present.
    4. Edge, Discord - not present.
    5. Chrome, Notepad - not present.
    6. Brave, Notepad- not present.
    7. Firefox, Notepad- not present.
    8. Edge, Notepad- not present.

Is there anything I could look for to try to fix this issue?

Vlad Stryapko, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

1. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge - Similar Threads - Sound works Firefox

2. No Sound on Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound on Edge and Chrome: Videos and Audios don't give out sounds on both edge and chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-edge-and-chrome/edad739f-fea0-4c8b-8b33-fa6c249f4373
  3. No Sound on Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound on Edge and Chrome: Videos and Audios don't give out sounds on both edge and chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-edge-and-chrome/edad739f-fea0-4c8b-8b33-fa6c249f4373
  4. No Sound on Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    FTP not working in Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser: [ATTACH]If FTP is not working in your Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser on Windows PC, and you are looking for resolution, then you have come to the right place. We decided to write this post since we received emails asking us why FTP was not working in their browser. You...
  6. Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave: I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now some text in my browser appears jagged. Most sites work fine. But some are broken. Here's what it looks like;https://imgur.com/a/Gdn6f53There's also a problem where when a site hasn't yet finished loading, text appears instead of...
  7. Printing causing browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave as well as Notepad to go...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing causing browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave as well as Notepad to go...: As the title says, clicking the print icon or using ctrl-p causes the application to immediately become unresponsive after pulling up the menu. Yesterday I printed without an issue. I have done the following to try and fix the issue. Download KB4568831 update the update log...
  8. Brave vs. Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Brave vs. Chrome: Just read article about Brave vs. Chrome. I'm seeking real world comments and opinions. Thanks 139467
  9. No sound with Chrome. firefox fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound with Chrome. firefox fine.: Suddenly I have no sound when using Chrome. Okay w Firefox. Windows Control Panel indicates I can adjust apps individually but I can't find where to do that. Anyone help me? Thanks...
  10. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...