Windows 10: Sound

Discus and support Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I was playing a game on my PC before I had to go out for an appointment, everything on my PC was running perfectly fine when I left. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZachViney, Sep 5, 2018.

1. ZachViney Win User

Sound

Yesterday I was playing a game on my PC before I had to go out for an appointment, everything on my PC was running perfectly fine when I left.
    When I returned I booted up my PC and tried to watch a video on youtube, only the video played but there was no sound so I switched between sound services, switched headphones, checked levels and connections etc etc
    In the end I tried Groove Music just to be sure and while it would open, it wouldn't play anything I tried to load.
    I searched for and installed the latest sound drivers but nothing has changed, videos play on youtube with no sound and groove doesn't even play, is this a common thing? All help pages I've checked so far say the same things about going through device manager, I have done all that with no results, same with checked the audio services.

In short,
    No sound on youtube
    Groove music doesn't work
    No applications show up in sound mixer

Latest drivers are downloaded

Is there anything I can do short of another fresh installing of windows and redownloading the 300+GB of data I need for work?

:)

ZachViney, Sep 5, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 5, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound

1. Sound - Similar Threads - Sound

2. USB pnp Audio Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB pnp Audio Sound Card: My Audio Jack on my Laptop Just Broke, so i bought a Audio Sound Card, the Problem is I Don't like the Sound Driver on my Sound Card, how can i replace/Change my Sound Driver..thanks...
  3. Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. Randomly, the sound stops working, it seem to do it when I go into discord, and go into a voice channel, then no audio outputs work until I restart my PC, what do I do?...
  4. Sound Disabled

Sound Disabled: I'm trying to clean up my computer and think I uninstalled the program for sound accidentally. Anyone know how to undo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-disabled/ea217cf5-7963-46b4-a451-653acb7aae93
  5. i hear motherboard beep sound while pc is running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i hear motherboard beep sound while pc is running: first of all i don't see any issue with my pc it's working fine in my opiniondaily works and some gamingbut i'm wondering why sometimesrandomly i hear a really low and quick beep sound from motherboard even while working with itbtw i bought my pc 8 months ago prebuilt and in...
  6. Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers

Permanently removing/disabling DTS from Windows and its association with sound drivers: Hello,ever since the 20H2 update, all audio playback in all applications, regardless of video playback or just plain audio has some major issues where the playback stops every few seconds, pauses for a second and restarts, similar to switching to another audio device in...
  7. Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears: Title. When I am working with focus assist activated, I will get notification sounds and have no idea why they are occurring. It is very annoying and I either want the sounds to stop or I want to know what I am being notified about. Just hearing the noise is more distracting...
  8. Windows Sound Settings will not load at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sound Settings will not load at all: I am unable to open the Windows sound settings on my computer. When I go to settings it just freezes and does nothing. The only way I can change sound input is to click on the sound icon on my taskbar, wait 10-15 seconds, and change it there. I have tried restarting my...
  9. red cross on sound icon in System tray

red cross on sound icon in System tray: Speakers work & microphone works too. But there is a red cross on the speaker icon in the system tray. Hover over the Icon and pop up says "No speakers or headphones are plugged in". Right click and Hover over "Speaker setup" Shows UNKNOWN and a pop up to the left says...
  10. Xear audio 7.1 surround sound is not showing up on the configure section of the control...

Xear audio 7.1 surround sound is not showing up on the configure section of the control...: I brought a 7.1 surround sound headset and control panel doesn't show me the option for it to configure the speakers on the headset to 7.1 surround sound. Headphones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TC8J6HK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...