Windows 10: sound

Discus and support sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; computer is not recognizing my headphones I have new dell 5000 inspiron 2-1 15"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SidMac, Jan 11, 2019.

1. SidMac Win User

sound

computer is not recognizing my headphones I have new dell 5000 inspiron 2-1 15"

:)

SidMac, Jan 11, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound :p

cadaveca, Jan 11, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 11, 2019
  4. sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

sound

1. sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. Sound exit does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound exit does not work: Hello. After windows 10 update the sound does not work. I looked in device manager - the drivers have. In device manager is written that sound device is not joined. In taskbar lower right corner dynamics are with red cross and after right click is written that dynamics are...
  3. I have no sound on my emails.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have no sound on my emails.: How do I retrieve sound on my incoming emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-on-my-emails/32aeed24-d7f2-491d-b261-7f037ee51c26
  4. silkroad game sound issue

silkroad game sound issue: the game working ok in windows 10 and i can hear the background sound but the sound of the environment and the weapons are not working !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silkroad-game-sound-issue/ffe71c1b-5c74-41da-ba1f-d751118c8341
  5. drivers for sound

drivers for sound: So im gonna put this out here since I'll probably fix it on my own because I can do that. I know how to deal with drivers, but this is ****. My computer did a maintenance update last night that caused a few issues. The worst of which is probably it completely deleting my...
  6. No sound playing

No sound playing: I have my acer vivobook connect to my lg tv with my hdmi cord. I know the cord works because it works with my xbox. However when i connect my cord with my comptuer the video works but the sound doesnt. The only time the sound works it when i do the sound test. I have tried...
  7. Windows 10 intermittent sound issues.

Windows 10 intermittent sound issues.: I have just updated my daughters PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 however we are now having an intermittent sound problem in that the sound “glitches” every few seconds which is quite annoying after a file. I have tried updating all of the drivers but this doesnt seem to...
  8. Sound Issues

Sound Issues: I have a Gaming HP OMEN Desktop Windows 10 and the computer was working just fine. But then, after about 5 months of owning my PC, my sound has stopped working. I tried going through all my settings, and I had no luck. I plugged in my Gaming Headset and I go to my volume, and...
  9. Windows sounds / alerts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sounds / alerts: Lately my computer has when I am not sitting there, waking up and then coming a lot of sounds. I have tried and turned off the mouse to wake up the computer but it does not seem to help at all. how do i do that the computer just wakes up via the keyboard and nothing else?...
  10. Sound issues, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issues, Windows 10: Good day I get the following message when trying to play music on Windows Media Player: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by...