Windows 10: Sound

Discus and support Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I upgraded my system I have minimal volume and some applications I can't hear at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayPhillips4, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Sound

Since I upgraded my system I have minimal volume and some applications I can't hear at all.

:)

JayPhillips4, Aug 9, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 9, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Sound

1. Sound - Similar Threads - Sound

2. Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10: When you change your volume while watching something, a second box comes up next to the volume level box. It has media control buttons and a thumbnail of the thing you're watching. How can you get rid of this? It's pretty disruptive because it blocks your view of the video...
  3. My sound is fading in and out frequently, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My sound is fading in and out frequently, how can I fix it?: I have noticed this especially on YouTube and it will get quiet (when it shouldn't) for a few seconds before returning to a normal volume and I am quite annoyed by this, can anyone help?...
  4. I have no sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no sound.: My sound went out, and I can't update my drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound/b0215d41-57f4-449b-9fa8-845022ffd6f7
  5. Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 update - Sound issue (bass blown out etc.): I don't actually know if this is an issue with how WAV files are encoded now, or if it has something to do with a recent Windows update, but essentially my music sounds odd now, not like it sounded last month before I installed updates. The bass sounds like it's blowing out...
  6. Where are the "Windows Logon and Logoff" sound events?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are the "Windows Logon and Logoff" sound events?: So, I am looking in the Windows sound events in the sound schemes, but I can't seem to find the "logon and logoff" events (where you sign in and out of the computer. I really liked those sounds, where am I supposed to find the,=m?...
  7. No sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound: I recently got some new bluetooth/wired headphones, and the other day I was using them, but then when I connected again, no sound at all worked, I had to google it, but couldn't find anything that worked, (the sound doesn't work on my normal speakers either) and I tried...
  8. No sound after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows 10 Update: Last night my computer received the feature update to 1803 from 1709, but at that point I was completely unable to hear sound through my headphones (connected via a 3.5mm audio jack). The RealTek drivers that I use on 1709 are all up to date (and the audio troubleshooter was...
  9. Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed latest Windows update but after all there is no sound: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 update Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 But after all there is no sound. Before Windows update I had sound with Realtek High definition driver. Now I don't. There is red X sign next to sound icon at quick launch bar. And in...
  10. Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds: Whenever I play Youtube or play a game, my sound cuts off after 10-15 seconds. I have a Lenovo 4384AJ9 ThinkPad. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, updating the drivers, running the troubleshooter, and currently I just did a reset on my system. I am...