Windows 10: sound

Discus and support sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop speakers are not working how should i go about it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kman5, Sep 30, 2019.

1. kman5 Win User

sound

my laptop speakers are not working how should i go about it?

:)

kman5, Sep 30, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound :p

cadaveca, Sep 30, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 30, 2019
  4. sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

sound

1. sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information: After months of regular use with no issue, the Sound Device manager on my laptop is now asserting that a stereo USB mixer can only record as "1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)" rather than the 2 Channel setting I keep setting it as. This change from 2 channel to 1...
  3. Unable to operate sound control in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to operate sound control in windows 10: I am using windows 10 professional. I am unable to open sound control ( volume up and down ) button on the lower right corner of the screen. However, my speaker doing well, I am unable to control the volume in the youtube box, windows media player, vlc and so on. I am unable...
  4. Headphone Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone Sound: I plugged my headphone in and it asked me which one I plugged in. So I clicked the headphone and played a music. But the music that was playing didn't come out from headphone but came out from the laptop speakers. How can I fix this problem....
  5. NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES

NO SOUND THROUGH HEADPHONES: Win 10 64bit Dell XPS 8930 Realtek HD Audio Speakers / Headphones Realtek Audio set as default in Sound>Playback tab. There is no Enhancements tab in Properties. Test tone = error msg. Installed latest Realtek driver. Test tone is audible but no sound from any apps. No...
  6. Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found)

Sound, Internet and USB ports randomly stops working (I tried every solution I found): ***moved on english forum*** Hello, I post my question here after 2 months of research and attempts to fix the issue. Let me first explain in details the problem I'm facing : I have got the computer on which I'm facing the issue recently, at the end of August. Very...
  7. My audio makes a buzz sound and crashes when I game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio makes a buzz sound and crashes when I game: When there is a lot of things happening in game, my audio makes a buzz *brzzzt* sound and then crashes, game is still running fine but there is no audio and videos/livestreams on my browser goes black or refreshes. Information: Game: Fallout 76 ASUS ROG STRIX GL503VD...
  8. No sound from front or back audio jacks

No sound from front or back audio jacks: Hi, Recently I got myself a bluetooth adapter so I stopped using my headphones for a few days. Now today when I plugged my headphones in, the windows or ubuntu don't recognize any speakers connected. I installed the realtek drivers from motherboard website and also tried BIOS...
  9. Airpods | Windows Sound Balance

Airpods | Windows Sound Balance: Ok, Hello everyone! I connect my airpods to my gaming PC right and when i use them the left airpod is louder than the other and I've gone to settings and it doesn't give me the option to change the left and right audio balance, they move together. I really don't know what...
  10. Sound Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound Setting: When I play a certain game I loaded on to my laptop I get the same message: Sound has been turned off via an INI setting. No sound will play during this session. Does anyone know how to find this file and get the sound back on the game?...