Windows 10: sound

Discus and support sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my earphone is connected but there's no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound/e7a81d95-0a38-42ad-a43c-baad3c432c48 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Louisse Tiu, Aug 16, 2022.

1. sound

my earphone is connected but there's no sound

:)

Louisse Tiu, Aug 16, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 16, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 16, 2022
  4. sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

sound

1. sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  3. If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If phone link is active, my airpods will connect to the computer, but no sound will come...: Just to clarify, my airpods will connect through bluetooth, but when my phone is also connected through the PhoneLink app, no sound will come out of the airpods. I can only play sound through the computer's speakers. As soon as I forget my phone device in settings, the sound...
  4. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  5. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...: Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I play music or a movie I tried playing music via Bluetooth the crackling sound is still there so I came to the conclusion it can't be a hardware issue could my files be corrupted,what can...
  6. Hi there! please help my Dell latitude E6400 laptop is making a cracking sound whenever I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart: I am getting an intermittent error when I click "Select a sound output" from the taskbar. When I do get the error it hangs for about 2-3 seconds and then the popup closes and cannot be reopened until I restart my computer. I can still go into the "Volume mixer" in Windows...
  8. "Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart

"Select a sound output" from Taskbar Crashes and Wont Reopen until PC Restart: I am getting an intermittent error when I click "Select a sound output" from the taskbar. When I do get the error it hangs for about 2-3 seconds and then the popup closes and cannot be reopened until I restart my computer. I can still go into the "Volume mixer" in Windows...
  9. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...
  10. My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound

My audio output device disappeared and my laptop now has no sound: My laptop’s audio output has suddenly disappeared and now everytime a video or something with sound is playing it plays with no sound. Everything is always mute. My laptop is literally a mute laptop. Help please I use : Jumper Laptop Microsoft 365, 13.3 inch FHD Screen4GB...