Windows 10: sound

Discus and support sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my earphone is connected but there's no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound/baeaa386-ebf5-4d7f-955f-c0d54532dbe1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Louisse Tiu, Aug 16, 2022.

1. sound

my earphone is connected but there's no sound

:)

Louisse Tiu, Aug 16, 2022
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound :p

cadaveca, Aug 16, 2022
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 16, 2022
  4. sound

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

sound

1. sound - Similar Threads - sound

2. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  3. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  4. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  6. Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound

Second Monitor Flashes On and Off with USB Disconnect Sound: My desktop PC is somewhere in the 6-8-years-old range. I've used a second monitor for years for work with no problems. The last few weeks, every single time I turn it on or log back in from it being in Sleep Mode, the second monitor flashes on and off. Every time it flashes,...
  7. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  8. sound driver non existent after windows 11 update

sound driver non existent after windows 11 update: hi there, my machine was recently updated to windows 11. the sound was working prior to the update, however, after the update, i noticed there is no driver whatsoever, even after the multiple installations of other drivers. i've downloaded the hp support assistant to identify...
  9. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...
  10. pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...

pc says its picking up sound but when i try to listen back to my mic, i dont hear anything,...: So i was playing a game when i noticed people couldnt hear me. So i tested my mic ingame, it didnt play back any sound to me. I then checked control panel and sound settings, which both showed that a noise level was being picked up but when i tried to listen back to it with...