Windows 10: Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos?

Discus and support Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Before all this happened my setup was a HDMI cable from my Soundbar (HW-Q90R) to my GPU and everything registered like it should have and worked fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lsiunl, Dec 20, 2020.

1. /u/lsiunl Win User

Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos?

Before all this happened my setup was a HDMI cable from my Soundbar (HW-Q90R) to my GPU and everything registered like it should have and worked fine. It gave me the option to configure my speakers from all the channels all the way up to 7.1 and even the "Dolby Atmos Home Theater" option from Dolby Accress, but now all these options are gone and it won't play anything other than sound from Netflix? My Spotify, Chrome, everything else doesn't play any sound.

This is making me so infuriated because literally all I did was try and plug the HDMI cord from my soundbar to my monitor so that I can hear sound through my Switch that is connected to the monitor but that didn't work for some reason so I replugged the HDMI into my GPU like I did before and now it won't work... I can't setup my soundbar with Dolby Access anymore and it will not output any sound. How do I completely uninstall all the drivers associated with my soundbar to get a fresh restart? Because it worked the first time I plugged it in.

submitted by /u/lsiunl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lsiunl, Dec 20, 2020

2. Dolby atmos is not working.

Error says;
    "Failed to play test tone."

"Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound"

im using Samsung Q950T

but is working when using dolby access play demo content, my soundbar detected DOLBY ATMOS, when i apply setting on sound properties dolby atmos for home theater ones i click apply is will pop out the error Something went wrong while trying
    to turn on Spatial Sound.

what is the problem?

Michael Loh, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Byu2 Win User
    dolby access dolby atmos for home theater

I want to try dolby atmos sond on PC and looked inti windows 10 dolby access dolby atmos for home theater. I searched atmos sounbars and find all atmos sonndbar pair with receivers. I

I find this Pioneer Surround Elite Atmos Soundbar is one of the budget range. dolby access dolby home theater need dolby atmos enabled home theater or soundbar. All atmos home theater paired with receiver. I contacted support and they said the soundbar
    would not output audio without connected to to recriver. All ports on the receiver are all ocupied The only port left is HDMI out (ARC) for connect to TV.

if dolby atmos for home theater only support HDMI on home theater, how can it conned to PC HDMI ?

4. Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos?

Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos?

1. Soundbar not working on PC anymore. Only outputs sound when I play something with Dolby Atmos? - Similar Threads - Soundbar working anymore

2. Dolby Atmos setup with soundbar and monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos setup with soundbar and monitor: Hello,I have a connection problem. I use a notebook windows 11 that has only one video output, the HDMI. This video output is connected to a Samsung soundbar HW Q950A. The eARC output of the soundbar is connected to a LG 29WK600-W monitor. This monitor has no eARC connection...
  3. Dolby Atmos setup with soundbar and monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos setup with soundbar and monitor: Hello,I have a connection problem. I use a notebook windows 11 that has only one video output, the HDMI. This video output is connected to a Samsung soundbar HW Q950A. The eARC output of the soundbar is connected to a LG 29WK600-W monitor. This monitor has no eARC connection...
  4. Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore: Hello everyone,I have been using Dolby Atmos spatial sound on my PC for a few years now and loving it.However since 2 days ago its not working anymore, the entry is still there under spatial sound but whenever i switch to it or change a setting in dolby access, nothing...
  5. Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore: Hello everyone,I have been using Dolby Atmos spatial sound on my PC for a few years now and loving it.However since 2 days ago its not working anymore, the entry is still there under spatial sound but whenever i switch to it or change a setting in dolby access, nothing...
  6. Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. dolby atmos sound

dolby atmos sound: in my lenovo ideapad L340 laptop in dolby audio app, virtual sourround sound was disabled when i connected headphones, virtual sourround is it work 2 externel speakers? please provide virtual sourround for headphones. also increase and decrease sound in movie, game, voice...
  8. Dolby Atmos no longer works - Only plays stereo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Atmos no longer works - Only plays stereo: A few weeks ago I was enjoying Dolby Atmos on my Windows PC , however I came to try Forza Horizon 4 again today and noticed something very strange. When I activate Dolby Atmos, my AV receiver (Denon AVR X4500H) says "Stereo" on its front LCD. When I go to speaker test and...
  9. Dolby Atmos, something went wrong…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dolby Atmos, something went wrong…: I have Yahama RX-v583 with front, surrounds and height speakers connected to my PC using HDMI. I also set Dolby Atmos and use Windows 10, version 1809. However when I try to enable the Dolby Atmos for home theater spatial sound, I receive a message: "something went wrong...
  10. dolby atmos not working

dolby atmos not working: I installed dolby atmos for headphones but can't get it to launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/87fbdda8-f3fb-4f6f-a3c1-a366871d7af9