Windows 10: Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue

Discus and support Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 1903 was released, I'm having a problem with my SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround Sound (external USB sound card). I don't think this is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen0118, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue

Since Windows 10 1903 was released, I'm having a problem with my SoundBlaster X-Fi Surround Sound (external USB sound card). I don't think this is the pro version but I downloaded and updated the latest drivers from Creative. What's strange is that the only way I can get Windows to recognize that sound card at all is I have to unplug the USB cable from the sound card unit or the computer (either way) before you turn on your computer (or when Windows restarts), then plug it in. Only then will Windows recognize that sound card. I don't know whether upgrading my sound card/device to the latest X-Fi Surround Sound Pro will even help.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

:)

Stephen0118, Sep 2, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

X-fi prelude or Soundlaster X-fi?

Hi guys,

I was looking at getting a sound card for my PC and I decided that I want an X-fi sound card as they appear to be the best (without spending thousands)

Here is the list of sound cards I can get:
    http://www.pccasegear.com/category211_1.htm

Just note that I'm in Australia, thus the prices

I have heard from many people that the Auzentech X-Fi prelude is better than the Soundblaster X-Fi cards.... is this true? Would I be better off getting a Prelude or one from the Soundblaster series

Thanks,

jds21, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Sound blaster x-fi mb3

Hi Duncan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the device manager and uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. Visit the below link:

Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 2, 2019
  4. LewBran Win User

Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue

Soundblaster

I have a soundblaster X-FI Fatality, but even using whatever drivers are available on the creative website, I still am unable to have sound in windows 10.

I do not have Adobe Flash installed.

Any additional suggestions?

thanks

Lew

LewBran, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue

1. Soundblaster X-FI Suround Sound (USB) issue - Similar Threads - Soundblaster Suround Sound

2. Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343: Hi! This is a bit of a long-shot, but I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - don't get me wrong, this is an ancient sound card but I do really like it.Just to give you some context, this sound card has official driver support for Windows 10, and I've successfully...
  3. Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - Windows 11 22621.1343: Hi! This is a bit of a long-shot, but I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Elite Pro - don't get me wrong, this is an ancient sound card but I do really like it.Just to give you some context, this sound card has official driver support for Windows 10, and I've successfully...
  4. Creative Soundblaster Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  5. Soundblaster driver issues, No sound after Windows 10 feature update.

Soundblaster driver issues, No sound after Windows 10 feature update.: Hi All This is the first post I have made and hope it helps because I have had this problems for over 2 years. My Sound Blaster Z would produce no sound after Windows 10 creators and anniversary updates. I Deferred updates for 2 years but when 1709 was pushed it circumvented...
  6. Suround sound 5.1 not working properly.

Suround sound 5.1 not working properly.: About 4 weeks ago my computer suddenly stopped playing surround sound. It was fine before, it played all formats like Atmos, DTS HD, and all Dolby formats. When i look at the sound properties it still says i can play all those formats. I have changed nothing about my setup...
  7. Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!

Automataically play the sound of the suroundings at the same time!: I just found that my laptop played the sound of people talking or TV or any other sound made around it!It seems that it had recorded and played it at the same time!Whenever there is a sound around it,it just plays it automatically right away!!Even when i was typing,it could...
  8. Soundblaster driver issues, No sound after Windows 10 feature update.

Soundblaster driver issues, No sound after Windows 10 feature update.: Hi All This is the first post I have made and hope it helps because I have had this problems for over 2 years. My Sound Blaster Z would produce no sound after Windows 10 creators and anniversary updates. I Deferred updates for 2 years but when 1709 was pushed it circumvented...
  9. SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer

SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer: It appears the latest large windows update, has made the latest driver for my card unusable. I'm getting no sound and the software gives me an error of the device is not found on the system. I know this is an older card, and I'm hoping that Creative puts out a new driver...
  10. Sound Issue in Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Sound Issue in Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium: Hello -- After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 Pro, there was no sound. Obviously, Creative Labs has yet to release compatible drivers for many of their sound cards. Nevertheless, I found out that I'd make it work by changing its modes back and forth via its Audio Control...