Windows 10: soundcard audio output not recognized

Discus and support soundcard audio output not recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my audio from back of my desktop wont appear on my playback device selector. if i plug headphones to my front panel 3.5 jack it does appear as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fjonkaren, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Fjonkaren Win User

soundcard audio output not recognized

my audio from back of my desktop wont appear on my playback device selector.
    if i plug headphones to my front panel 3.5 jack it does appear as a selectable device, and there is no issues in the device manager audio tab. so i guess its nothing wrong with the integrated sound card*Huh

i ran the audio troubleshooter, auto detect hardware, tried to add legacy hardware

what else can i do? please help.

:)

Fjonkaren, Mar 27, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 27, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is installed

After the last Windows Update this may , my audio output device work once and failed to be recognized 10 timesI made all steps which virtual agent-Microsoft support had told me to do , but the problem still the same .

Just to know , My audio device is completely working , I checked it using another OS .

Ahmed Ali Ibrahim 53, Mar 27, 2019
  4. soundcard audio output not recognized

No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

soundcard audio output not recognized

1. soundcard audio output not recognized - Similar Threads - soundcard audio output

2. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  3. Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones not recognized as audio output device: Hi,I have a problem with pairing my Bluetooth headphones with my computer, while they work perfectly on my phone.My computer detects the headphones, but as if they were any Bluetooth device like a phone, not an audio device. So I can't select them as the main audio output,...
  4. Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output: My Beats Studio 3 headphones can connect via bluetooth to my Windows 11 laptop HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx, but I cannot select them as an audio output. These headphones work perfectly fine on other devices, and my computer can connect to and play audio from other...
  5. Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Beats headphones not recognized as audio output: My Beats Studio 3 headphones can connect via bluetooth to my Windows 11 laptop HP ENVY x360 2-in-1 Laptop 15-ew0xxx, but I cannot select them as an audio output. These headphones work perfectly fine on other devices, and my computer can connect to and play audio from other...
  6. Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output: Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output. I checked sound settings it only shows my laptop speakers. I checked if have deactivated devices doesn't show anything,but it recognises capture card as input sound. The problem is only in output...
  7. Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output: Capture card recognized as audio/video controller but not as audio output. I checked sound settings it only shows my laptop speakers. I checked if have deactivated devices doesn't show anything,but it recognises capture card as input sound. The problem is only in output...
  8. Audio Output and Input Not Recognized after Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Output and Input Not Recognized after Update: This morning I was told to install an update on my Windows 10 computer, but after I did it, it said that it was having trouble restarting and needed me to uninstall all my programs to do a complete reset. I did that, and after I reset my computer it had all of its programs...
  9. External soundcard not recognized after updates

External soundcard not recognized after updates: Hello everyone, I'm completely helpless now and I've tried almost anything. What should I do? I have an aqprox external soundcard (jack/usb), and it worked perfectly fine until today. Now all I get when I plug it in is: "Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  10. Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?

Distorted Audio - soundcard broken?: Is my soundcard broken? Just a day ago I accidentally yanked my headphone cord while it was in the socket(the one on the back of my desktop). This broke the plastic around the edge. Now when I plug my headphones in again, the sound is missing half of the...