Windows 10: Soundcard driver

Discus and support Soundcard driver in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there. Before I start typing something I want to tell you something important - I am beginner in English, so please don't care about it. If you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/__david_alex__, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Soundcard driver

Hello there. Before I start typing something I want to tell you something important - I am beginner in English, so please don't care about it. If you want, you can predict me!

Some time ago something weird happens with my notebook. I leave it on my desk, and when I get back, sound didn't working (maybe some actualizations happend in background), only cracking sounds can be heard. I tried to install Microsoft driver instead of the Realtek drivers, and the sound is working... The sound isn't much quality, combo jack working only for sound, microphone isn't working. Please help!

PC specifications: Ryzen 5 3500U Radeon Vega 8 + Radeon 540X 16GB RAM DDR4 dualchannel 8+8 Sound card: Realtek(R) Audio

Thanks in advance! David

submitted by /u/__david_alex__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/__david_alex__, Oct 13, 2020

2. Realtek HD Audio Drivers missing after installing driver update for AMD Graphics Card

I'd suppose Realtek USB 2.0 Audio is what you need. Try to install drivers manually form the list system suggests.

And may be the soundcard is partially broken.

Igor Leyko, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Can´t get USB soundcard to work with updated USB Audio Codec

Yes, you can.

To do so, you have to go in Device Management and find in the list your soundcard, then click on properties, go to driver, so restore driver. In that way, you have the first driver ever installed of the soundcard.

StefanoTamiotti, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Soundcard driver

Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help.

Hi;

It seems the last windows update (which i have since rolled back from to no avail) has 'unplugged' my internal soundcard in my alienware m17x r4 (a soundblaster recon 3di).

Turned computer on to find speakers not working and not listed under playback devices, jacks and headphones were however ok.

Today I tried to fix it by uninstalling all creative drivers and reinstalling (hadn't looked at device manager at this point). On trying to reinstall everything kept giving me "no supported device" type errors and wouldn't allow me to put creative drivers or software back on (tried extracting packages, running as admin etc).

Then I had a look at device manager only to find my soundcard was no longer listed but even worse there are no mystery devices to install drivers for. It also won't detect any new hardware. Using the add legacy option only gave me one option from creative as a manufacturer which was totally inappropriate. Dxdiag also shows no soundcard now, and the bios has nothing mentioning a sound device. There are however two entries under system devices in device manager called "high definition audio controller".

After a lot of rebooting I seemed able to install a driver successfully (using an installer, not directly via device manager) and the sb control panel (which I need for my jacks to work), however still no soundcard showing, no speakers and no sound through jacks. Eventually I tried using a program called drivereasy to check my drivers thinnking it might see something i couldn't. Happily I saw it had an entry for an audio device, and even listed it correctly as a recon 3di and offered to download an updated driver. However...it lists the device as unplugged.

How on earth do i force windows to see it again or virtually plug it back in?!

Since 'upgrading' from windows 7 Ive had a few problems with the sound and installing drivers but never had the entire device vanish....even from device manager. At my wits end, googled my arse off, tried a lot of suggestions but am going quietly insane.

Whydidiupgrade, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Soundcard driver

1. Soundcard driver - Similar Threads - Soundcard driver

2. No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...: Hi! I'm right at my wit's end. My speaker icon randomly had an X over it one day a couple of weeks ago, no audio devices found. I rebooted and it operated as expected. Then it happened again, rebooted again, worked again.Eventually this cycle got frustrating enough that I...
  3. No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio: Windows 11, Acer laptop w/Realtek soundcard, USB audio interface, headphones both...: Hi! I'm right at my wit's end. My speaker icon randomly had an X over it one day a couple of weeks ago, no audio devices found. I rebooted and it operated as expected. Then it happened again, rebooted again, worked again.Eventually this cycle got frustrating enough that I...
  4. computer's soundcard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer's soundcard: I cannot reinstall computer's soundcard as default for System-Sounds-Outtput. Error message says, "no output device found." Device manager says soundcard is working ok. MS Help tried to reinstall the driver but apologized for not being able to solve problem. Help?...
  5. computer's soundcard

computer's soundcard: I cannot reinstall computer's soundcard as default for System-Sounds-Outtput. Error message says, "no output device found." Device manager says soundcard is working ok. MS Help tried to reinstall the driver but apologized for not being able to solve problem. Help?...
  6. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  7. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  8. Wheb I try to download a m driver for an old soundcard, I get the attached message. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wheb I try to download a m driver for an old soundcard, I get the attached message. What...: This is the message that I get! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheb-i-try-to-download-a-m-driver-for-an-old/e4f5b1a2-6c99-445f-8cc1-3884ea6c6887
  9. Wheb I try to download a m driver for an old soundcard, I get the attached message. What...

Wheb I try to download a m driver for an old soundcard, I get the attached message. What...: This is the message that I get! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wheb-i-try-to-download-a-m-driver-for-an-old/e4f5b1a2-6c99-445f-8cc1-3884ea6c6887
  10. Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default: I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep re-installing the sound drivers for my SAM Broadcaster to pick up the microphone correctly every single time after I...