Windows 10: Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

Discus and support Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MFR, Feb 11, 2019.

1. MFR
    MFR Win User

Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep re-installing the sound drivers for my SAM Broadcaster to pick up the microphone correctly every single time after I power-down which I do after every use as the PC is in my external man cave/Den *the CMOS battery is good*

I have an SSD C:\ drive and am using full administrator, I have blocked ALL windows hardware updates via the numerous methods highlighted as well as the Nvidia/Realtek update options.

I home build all my own computers but this one has me stumped......... any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    M

:)

2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Feb 11, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Lateralus Win User

atiTool reverting back to default

I'm useing a Sapphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis 256mg. Its defaults are Core:249 Memory:189 I'm trying to overclock it to 290 and 210 but every time I start up any game it reverts back to 249 and 189 any ideas?

Lateralus, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default - Similar Threads - Soundcard drivers keep

2. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  3. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  4. Soundcard driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Soundcard driver: Hello there. Before I start typing something I want to tell you something important - I am beginner in English, so please don't care about it. If you want, you can predict me! Some time ago something weird happens with my notebook. I leave it on my desk, and when I get back,...
  5. File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults: The title says it all. If I am to believe the Internet about this matter, countless users of Windows 10 struggle with the same problem. Whatever one tweaks, whatever one does, even deep down into the registry, Windows keeps reverting to its file association defaults, for...
  6. File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Associations Keep Reverting to Windows 10 Defaults: The title says it all. If I am to believe the Internet about this matter, countless users of Windows 10 struggle with the same problem. Whatever one tweaks, whatever one does, even deep down into the registry, Windows keeps reverting to its file association defaults, for...
  7. Windows 10 Microphone Properties keep reverting to default.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Microphone Properties keep reverting to default.: Xbox live parties on the xbox App on my PC has loud buzzing coming from my mic, but in sound settings (test your microphone) I'm not picking any noise up. So I read that if you change your bit rate on your microphone settings it would work. But every time I change it, it...
  8. Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default

Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default: Hi! After latest update, Windows keeps reverting my apps to default. For example, my default music app/program is Winamp, and after a while I'll just find that it is Groove music again. It is not a huge problem, but you see how it can be irritating. Also, Windows 10 won't...
  9. Default app for htm keeps reverting to MS Edge

Default app for htm keeps reverting to MS Edge: This has been getting annoying. It's been happening several times a day, not just after an update. Anybody else seeing this? Unfortunately you can't uninstall Edge ... *Rolleyes 77001
  10. Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options keeps reverting to default: Hi all, I have been trying to set my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer to index only the Start Menu but not anything else (such as IE Favourites, Documents). I know exactly where all my documents are; the only time I use search is something like, I press the Win key, and...