Windows 10: Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

Discus and support Sounds are higher-pitched than usual in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Troisdorfer, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Troisdorfer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Troisdorfer, Mar 9, 2020
  2. JoeyPerry Win User

System sounds get higher in pitch when woken up from sleep or hibernate. Can you help me please?

I have this problem occasionally, and I am using a Schiit Modi 2. The audio sounds higher pitched than it should be. I have 2 sets of speakers, and one is running off my on-board dac. When I switch to that, audio sounds normal. If I unplug the usb to
    the Modi 2 and reconnect it (essentially power cycling) the sound will go back to normal.

I don't know exactly what causes it, but at least maybe this will help you narrow it down. On the Schiit audio site, they suggest using a short (2m or less) usb cable, and watch out for usb ports with power management. If you're connected through usb2,
    try a usb3 port, or vice versa.

Good luck!

JoeyPerry, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Higher pitch when playing DVDs in Window's Media player

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of Windows media player have you installed?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings of Windows media player and check if it helps.

• Open the audio or video file in Windows Media Player. If the file is playing in the Library window, click the bottom-right "Switch to Now Playing" button.
    • Right-click anywhere in the Now Playing window, point to "Enhancements" and then select "Graphic Equalizer."
    • Select the graphic mode you prefer, such as individual adjustments or loose/fine groups. The icon next to the selection describes it, and a textual description appears if you hover your mouse pointer over the option.
    • Click and drag the sliders to change the pitch. You might notice the greatest effect around the 2 KHz slider, but what produces the most effect varies between people.
    • Click the small "X" at the top right of the Graphic Equalizer pop-up to close the utility.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 9, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sounds are higher-pitched than usual :p

cadaveca, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

1. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual - Similar Threads - Sounds are higher

2. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  3. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  4. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  5. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  6. My windows is sounding on a lower pitch than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows is sounding on a lower pitch than usual: I tried with reinstalling Realtek HD Audio but it didin't work.Everything sounds on a lower pitch. I already tried the configuration with the Realtek HD Audio but it didin't work either...
  7. sound is deeper than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound is deeper than usual: so my computer audio sounds a lot deeper than usual, kinda slow and demonic lol. i tried updating drivers, turning off audio enhancements, ect but it only fixed the problem slightly. i need help trying to fix my sound and make it normal again submitted by /u/DarthSidekick...
  8. Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error: I had a program not responding error while in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 last Sunday. As it cleared and started responding again, the sound on the radio station playing from Winamp changed and went slightly higher pitched. I have a Dell XPS Desktop 8920 PC 64 Bit, a 5.1...
  9. Ethernet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...
  10. Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory and Disk Usage higher than usual.: Hi, Recently my Memory and Disk usage have been higher than normal e.g my memory used to sit about 10-15% with only firefox open now runs up to 40% and disk averaged 3% with again just firefox open and now goes up to 20% at random. The disk usage problem is being caused by...