Windows 10: Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds

Discus and support Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As mentioned in the title, I cannot hear sound as of the time I am posting this. The headphones I use work completely fine on any other device. My PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zackari G., Apr 11, 2021.

1. Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds

As mentioned in the title, I cannot hear sound as of the time I am posting this.
    The headphones I use work completely fine on any other device.
    My PC seems to be the only device to persist, and I want assistance on this.
    I use "Speakers High Definition Audio Device", and it worked just fine in the past.
    On this day only has this happened, there is no history of this, because this is the first time it had happened to me or this PC.
    I have tried different audio devicesDigital Audio - S/PDIF - High Definition Audio Device, etc., updating my sound drivers, which had no updates as of the time I post this.
    I have tried trouble shooting this, but to no avail.
    I am desperate for help, so please do assist me on this situation.
    If any general information is needed, I am happy to fill it.
    Thank you for your time.
    P.S. - There is also no sound on everything, not only the browsers.

:)

Zackari G., Apr 11, 2021

2. System sounds won't play...?

There are sounds assigned, but I have absolutely no idea where they're playing out to! Probably because the machine also has a S/PDIF and HDMI as audio sources, but my LCD doesn't have built-in speakers to play sound from. I also have USB headphones, but they don't have System Sounds​ listed in the Volume Control anywhere.

HoneycombWX, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds

Systems sounds not fully playing

Hello hockleygirl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions.

1. What is the exact size of the customized sound file that is added in the Settings?
    2. What is the audio length of the customized sound file?

The issue could be occurring due to the customized file type that is attached. If the size differs from the original length, it might not play the sound completely. So, I would suggest you to check with the file type (size and length) of the sound
    file that is already available in the Settings and set the customized file to the same range.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds

1. Sounds displayed on all browsers, but none playing through system sounds - Similar Threads - Sounds displayed browsers

2. System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]: I am unable to get system sounds email notification, battery warning, device connect etc. to play when I have my headphones in. Additionally, when using the sound theme editor, no sounds are audible when clicking the "Test" button. Other sources of sound, such as music and...
  3. Sound not playing from browsers

Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  4. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  5. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  6. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  7. All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds: So when I opened my laptop a few minutes ago suddenly my earbuds wouldn't work and everything is going through my speakers, I tried updating some drivers and that didn't work I tried disabling everything else and that didn't work either, so I don't know what to do, my mic...
  8. All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds

All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds: So when I opened my laptop a few minutes ago suddenly my earbuds wouldn't work and everything is going through my speakers, I tried updating some drivers and that didn't work I tried disabling everything else and that didn't work either, so I don't know what to do, my mic...
  9. All sounds refuse to play through my earbuds

10. System audio/sound plays through microphone

System audio/sound plays through microphone: Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear...