Windows 10: Sounds from Lock Screen

Discus and support Sounds from Lock Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For two months my computer has been playing the Windows Hardware disconnect.wav frequently in screensaver & lockscreen mode. I disconnected all my USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maxhap, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Maxhap Win User

Sounds from Lock Screen

For two months my computer has been playing the Windows Hardware disconnect.wav frequently in screensaver & lockscreen mode. I disconnected all my USB devices except the hubs, but it continues. Any help out there?

:)

Maxhap, Jun 19, 2019

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Sounds from Lock Screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 19, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Sounds from Lock Screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Sounds from Lock Screen

1. Sounds from Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Sounds Lock Screen

2. Windows 10 - No Notification Sounds When Screen is Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - No Notification Sounds When Screen is Locked: I'm having an issue with receiving notification sounds from Microsoft Outlook M365 as well as Microsoft Teams when my screen is locked. I get notification sounds from both of these apps just fine when I'm logged in and working new mail, meeting reminders, new teams messages,...
  3. Windows 10 - No Notification Sounds When Screen is Locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - No Notification Sounds When Screen is Locked: I'm having an issue with receiving notification sounds from Microsoft Outlook M365 as well as Microsoft Teams when my screen is locked. I get notification sounds from both of these apps just fine when I'm logged in and working new mail, meeting reminders, new teams messages,...
  4. Windows 10 - No Notification Sounds When Screen is Locked

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock screen warning notification sound

Lock screen warning notification sound: Need a way to set a warning notification sound 1 minute before the screen lock initiates.Network admins have locked control for lock screen timing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-warning-notification-sound/3b1b3d57-8706-4c9f-b270-79f124263b8f
  6. Teams does not make sound while the screen is locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Teams does not make sound while the screen is locked: At work, our systems are configured to not display notifications on the lock screen, because people will frequently use MS Teams to discuss sensitive topics. I agree that the text of Teams notifications should not be displayed on the lock screen.However, the audible part of...
  7. Turn of from lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn of from lock screen: [IMG]When i want to turn off system from lockscreen i didn’t log in to any user this option always bother me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-of-from-lock-screen/a95ad40c-6c37-47ab-9166-1376adf5b236
  8. Notification sounds in lock screen

Notification sounds in lock screen: As the title says I would like certain apps to play sounds on the lock screen like on andriod, I have been trying to figure out how, i can get it to display the notification on the lock screen but it doesn't play any sound. More Information #1 The specific app is telegram....
  9. Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family, screen locked but not sound: Hi, When the screen is locked for bedtime windows10, microsoft family, screentime programs are still running and the sound is on, just the screen is locked. Is it possible to lock also the sound?...
  10. Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Screen Saver independently from lock screen: I am in a group-work setting and all our lock screen user passwords are the same. I want to change only the screen saver password so if I walk away from my desk another person can't get on my computer. I don't want to change the lock screen user password as they're all...