Windows 10: Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs

Discus and support Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I left the Windows world in 2015 and switched over to Mac (:insert hiss:). Fast forward to last month and I recently had a custom PC built.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rockeef, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs

Hello all,

I left the Windows world in 2015 and switched over to Mac Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs :)insert hissSounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs :). Fast forward to last month and I recently had a custom PC built. Loving it so far except minor issues that I've been unable to solve. For example, my sound does not switch from my headset (Logitech G 935) and desktop speakers (Logitech z 625). I can toggle back and forth from the taskbar and nothing changes. The only way to get them to actually change it to close out whatever app I'm using and reopen it with the auto output that I want to use. Don't mind it not auto switching, but not switching at all is frustrating the hell out of me.

Drivers are updated (didn't find any different drivers on Logitech's website).

What am I missing? I've seen others having similar issues, however, all the articles are old and don't help my issue.

submitted by /u/Rockeef
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rockeef, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 8, 2021
  3. K0MB Win User
    Different two sounds through two different output channels

Hello, my name is Marco and I am an Independent Advisor. I will do my best to help you.

Yes you must go to the sound options to manage each device output for each sound.

Follow these steps

Right click on Windows Start button > Settings > system > Sound

Scroll to "Advanced sound options " and click on " App volume and device preference "

Then when your film is going to play on the TV and another on the computer, you will see the choice of choosing the default output.

One on the hdmi output and the other on the sound card of your pc.

I just tested with two different video players to make sure it works. A film on Media player which played in my headset and the other film on VLC media player which I heard from my PC

K0MB, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Anro0217 Win User

Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs

Sound output

Is there a key combo with I can switch between the 2 different sound output? I mean if I press the key combo, then I can swith fast between the headset and the speaker?

Anro0217, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs

1. Sounds Issues - Not switching between different outputs - Similar Threads - Sounds Issues switching

2. My sound output is automatically switching at a fast pace between my speaker and connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound output is automatically switching at a fast pace between my speaker and connected...: https://streamable.com/h9vloehttps://streamable.com/h2fpebHello,I am currently facing an issue whereby connecting any form of audio output headphones [wired + Bluetooth] / earphones show up as a sound output, however, they are constantly being switched between my speakers on...
  3. Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in: Hi,I recently built a custom gaming PC, I use a Logitech speakers and have my headphone plugged in that I sometimes use as a microphone. Even though I set the speakers as default, sometimes the auto cut off and I can hear sounds in the headphone instead of speaker for like 5...
  4. Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in: Hi,I recently built a custom gaming PC, I use a Logitech speakers and have my headphone plugged in that I sometimes use as a microphone. Even though I set the speakers as default, sometimes the auto cut off and I can hear sounds in the headphone instead of speaker for like 5...
  5. Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Switch between sound devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch between sound devices: Using windows 11, since that I have to open the sound settings to switch between my headset and my speakers. In windows 10 it was easy, just a click on the speakers symbol. I know it is hard to make windows easier to use, but why making it so complicated for users? It was way...
  7. Switch between sound devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch between sound devices: Using windows 11, since that I have to open the sound settings to switch between my headset and my speakers. In windows 10 it was easy, just a click on the speakers symbol. I know it is hard to make windows easier to use, but why making it so complicated for users? It was way...
  8. How to switch sound output for an application?

How to switch sound output for an application?: I would like to have the sound output of the app Stardew Valley through my headphones, but it always goes through my speakers. I first tried to change it specifically under the "App volume and device preferences" section of sound settings. [ATTACH] As you can see, this had...
  9. Quick sound output switch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick sound output switch?: I frequently need to route my audio to my TV, and back again. Best solution? Is there a way to get the sound icon thing to show up on all desktops? submitted by /u/Almost-a-Killa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpvaaw/quick_sound_output_switch/
  10. Switching between audio outputs

Switching between audio outputs: Hello, I have a bluetooth wireless headset that I use for making phone calls via RingCentral. I also have a pair of desktop speakers that I use for general audio. Is there a way to easily toggle back and forth between these two devices without having to disconnect the...