Windows 10: Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

Discus and support Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pisacane, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Pisacane Win User

Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset

:)

Pisacane, Sep 27, 2019

2. Sound icon missing from taskbar

After upgrading to Windows 10. Sometimes, when the PC starts, the sound icon is missing from the taskbar. The only way to adjust the sound is to go through settings and search "system volume". Is there a way to ensure the icon appears every time the PC
    is powered? There is no problem with the sound only the adjustment icon.

The PC is home built with ASUS M3A32-MVP motherboard & SoundMAX is disabled by Windows 10.

lochaber_1, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

sound icon

the sound icon is missing in my taskbar, I'm using Windowns8.1

DianeSorensen, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

1. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Sounds missing Sound

2. Sound icon and sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound icon and sound: In the taskbar settings if I enable "show all icons in notification area" the sound icon appears with a red x. If i put the pointer on it, it mentions "audio service not working" but despite those indications all sounds works great. If I disable it, the icon appears...
  3. Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work: [ATTACH] This happens very often and I'm not too sure why, but it doesn't let me click the small sound icon in the bottom right of the taskbar. When I click on it or right click on it, nothing happens and if I want to change my sound levels I have to go into settings,...
  4. Sound icon on taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound icon on taskbar no longer working: Just yesterday Aug 26, 2020 the sound icon that I use regularly to adjust volume has stopped working. I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it. Please help?...
  5. Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sounds missing from Sound icon on taskbar: The sounds icon is missing when Sound is clicked on taskbar resulting in no sound except through headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-missing-from-sound-icon-on-taskbar/3d80c743-7867-41d7-966a-38af294d7977
  6. Sound Control Panel missing from Sounds option in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel missing from Sounds option in the taskbar: I reinstalled my windows 10, but ever since then the there is no longer a Sound Control Panel whenever I right click the sound option in the taskbar, I have to go to Control Panel everytime How do I get it back? This is what I'm getting currently [ATTACH] But this is...
  7. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar: I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up nothing happens. When I click on the sound icon it says troubleshoot could not detect a problem. What do I do I do to fix my...
  8. missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem

in Windows 10 Support
    missing taskbar app icons, no internet connection, sound problem: MS upgraded my desktop from win8.1 to 10 just a couple of days ago. It worked fine for a day or two, and then the app icons missing from the taskbar and the remaining start, search and taskview buttons not responding at all. Later the internet connection and sound icons...
  9. Sound Icon missing notification center

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Icon missing notification center: Hello, yesterday my sound icon disappeared from my notification center. I have searched the internet for a solution and the ones I have found have not worked. In the enable windows icons page, the switch for the sound icon is grayed out. I cant change my volume so please...
  10. The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    The sound icon missing from bottom right of screen: As you can see from the title the sound icon is missing from the bottom right of the screen, this is a big problem because I need to go to my sound mixer quite often to turn different applications down. I have looked at this online but the fixes that worked for them didn't...