Windows 10: Sounds, music and chat. Trying to stream Pandora using audio input while playing Fortnite...

Discus and support Sounds, music and chat. Trying to stream Pandora using audio input while playing Fortnite... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting Fortnite through my USB headset if my speakers are plugged into my PC's audio input. I went into advanced sound settings on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KB8642, Jul 9, 2019.

1. KB8642 Win User

Sounds, music and chat. Trying to stream Pandora using audio input while playing Fortnite...

I'm having trouble getting Fortnite through my USB headset if my speakers are plugged into my PC's audio input. I went into advanced sound settings on my PC and changed Fortnite to, Speakers (2- USB Audio Device) which is my headset & microphone, but it continues to play the sounds through my audio input speakers. I don't see anywhere in Fortnite sound settings to change the game sounds, only the chat input/output. What am I missing?

P.S. My Pandora station is playing just fine through my speakers, but so is Fortnite!

:)

KB8642, Jul 9, 2019

2. Streaming Pandora on Window Phone

Hi Bob,

IS the problem specific to Pandora or does the audio drop out if you play music files stored on the phone. It sounds like a buffering issue, is the quality of the cellular connection good enough to playback streaming audio?

Christopher Miller, Jul 9, 2019
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Sounds, music and chat. Trying to stream Pandora using audio input while playing Fortnite...

music over rides video sound when streaming

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a clarity of the issue, we will need some more information. So kindly write back with the following information:

1. Could you please elaborate “Music over riders Sound when streaming”?
    2. Are you playing any background music while streaming?
    3. Which version of Windows are you running?
    4. Are you facing any issues with audio and video syncing while streaming?

If you are running music and video separately, then you can also check the Volume Mixer (right click on sound icon at the bottom of the screen) which provides sliders to control audio running in different applications.

We await your response.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Sounds, music and chat. Trying to stream Pandora using audio input while playing Fortnite... - Similar Threads - Sounds music chat

2. AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.: AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC. STOPS AFTER I MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND BUT STARTS AGAIN AFTER AWHILE, AGAIN MOVING MOUSE STOPS IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-distorting-while-streaming-music/1985d45d-e6b2-4e7c-9eef-ccd62d2ce67b
  3. AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.: AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC. STOPS AFTER I MOVE THE MOUSE AROUND BUT STARTS AGAIN AFTER AWHILE, AGAIN MOVING MOUSE STOPS IT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-distorting-while-streaming-music/1985d45d-e6b2-4e7c-9eef-ccd62d2ce67b
  4. AUDIO IS DISTORTING WHILE STREAMING MUSIC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 0xc000009a error while trying to play Fortnite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc000009a error while trying to play Fortnite: I ran into an issue where when I'm trying to start Fortnite from the launcher or the shortcut from my desktop it gives me this message: 0xc000009aThis one from BattlEye Launcher"Starting BattlEye Service...Launching game...Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause...
  6. 0xc000009a error while trying to play Fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc000009a error while trying to play Fortnite: I ran into an issue where when I'm trying to start Fortnite from the launcher or the shortcut from my desktop it gives me this message: 0xc000009aThis one from BattlEye Launcher"Starting BattlEye Service...Launching game...Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause...
  7. Fortnite Crashing while trying to play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite Crashing while trying to play: Hello there, I have a problem where I start playing Fortnite I ready up and then it just crashes. I have contacted epic games support and they tracked down the error. Here are the screenshots of the error and the email. Epic Games claims that the error code is: LogWindows:...
  8. No audio for playing pandora thru my speakers. Windows 10 shows no input devices for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio for playing pandora thru my speakers. Windows 10 shows no input devices for...: No audio for playing pandora thru my speakers. Windows 10 shows no input devices for sound.. Computer makes sounds for emails etc. but not for radio....
  9. Kmode_Exception_Unexpected_Error while playing fortnite

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kmode_Exception_Unexpected_Error while playing fortnite: I have reinstalled both epic games and fortnite and reinstalled windows 10 entirely. My pc is 2 days old and I have had this error more than 8 times. My pc runs completely fine but the error occur while playing fortnite (They checked my minidump files for me and the problem...
  10. sound problems while streaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound problems while streaming: Ive been streaming for a while now and recently got a new headset which is the asus rog delta. because it was lacking some parts in sound for me i decided to get an equalizer so i got equalizer apo. now when i stream with my equalizer boost on my stream sound gets really...