Windows 10: Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

Discus and support Sounds not working after 20H2 update! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaveLock2, May 15, 2021.

1. DaveLock2 Win User

Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

I have just had my pc update windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 os build 19042.985 and now my sound is not working. I have tried all the usual delete & reinstall drivers etc but to no avail.It state there is no audio device installed even though when I check device manager everything is installed and working fine!So what's the wisdom?So darned annoying when this happens!! :

:)

DaveLock2, May 15, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sounds not working after 20H2 update! :p

cadaveca, May 15, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 15, 2021
  4. Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

windows 10 sound schmes not working

Since you have already updated the sound drivers on your computer, we suggest that you run the sound troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the computer and select
      Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Robelene Win, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Sounds not working after 20H2 update!

1. Sounds not working after 20H2 update! - Similar Threads - Sounds working 20H2

2. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  3. Mouse not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working after 20H2 update: Hi!Both my mouses stopped working after nov update 20H2 - bluetooth and usb. Trackpad works flawlessly. I've tried driver update, removing mouses from device manager niether worked. Both show as "HID compliant mouse". Tried even clean Win10 install - everything worked until...
  4. Sound Not Working After Update From 2004 t0 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Not Working After Update From 2004 t0 20H2: Computer: Dell Inspiron 15 - 5558 Audio: Realtek ALC with Waves MaxxAudio't After an unwanted update to Windows 20H2, my sound no longer worked. I went back to 2004, but my sound still doesn't work. Device manager only lists Other Devices = "Audio Device on High Definition...
  5. After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ericce24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ma5bjd/after_20h2_update_sound_wouldnt_work_with_audio/
  6. After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled

After 20H2 update sound wouldn't work with audio enhancements enabled: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ericce24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5zq8i/after_20h2_update_sound_wouldnt_work_with_audio/
  7. 5.1 Sound issues after 20h2 update?

5.1 Sound issues after 20h2 update?: So immediately after the update, my gaming sound is different. It's dropped to 2.1 in steam games (No sub or back L or R) and severe volume drop in 5.1 for other games. Media player is fine in 5.1 and speaker config runs normally with good sound and no problems detected....
  8. DNS not working after 20H2 update

DNS not working after 20H2 update: I have a client system that just received the feature update to 20H2. The laptop will connect to the user's local WiFi network and we get a response from ping 8.8.8.8 AND if we connect to our company using the vpn server's IP address (vs the FQDN) we can connect and use the...
  9. No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after windows 10 20H2 Update 20H2 current: While I'm using my new laptop for a month. Today, I start noticing that when I'm watching the Youtube content on the MS edge it's completely silent but if I use my wireless headset then sound comeback. After that, I go on surfing through the internet. I've tried a lot of...
  10. Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update

Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update: I just built my own PC just a few weeks ago and I bought a WIFI card from a random brand called Fenvi. It had integrated Bluetooth also and it worked fine for the first few weeks on Windows 2004. No dropouts and everything was fine, until I updated to 20H2. Can I expect an...