Windows 10: Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

Discus and support Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have an issue I have been struggling with for a few hours now. When I play youtube or spotify the sounds decreases to about 20% or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buddy_Guyz, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

Hey guys, I have an issue I have been struggling with for a few hours now.
    When I play youtube or spotify the sounds decreases to about 20% or something of the total volume in about 10 seconds. The volume mixer, system volume and the like still all state 100%, so it's not an actual setting. This is only a thing of last week, I distinctly remember last thursday not having problems with this.

I tried setting the communication option to "do nothing" - no fix, I tried updating my realtek drivers - no fix, I tried searching for the enhancement tab - it's not there and I can't get it to appear. I have tried multiple options all to no avail. My laptop is the HP Pavilion - 15-cw1948nd.

Now it's definitely something to do with the speakers or it's drivers, since my headset (HyperX Cloud II) has normal sound. But that one has it's own soundcard, so that's most likely it.

Hope you guys can help me!

submitted by /u/Buddy_Guyz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Buddy_Guyz, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! :p

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! :p

Solaris17, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

1. Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! - Similar Threads - Sounds laptop speakers

2. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game: Few days ago i have gotten a random black screen that caused this weird "bug". Whenever i start any game my fps are fine and normal but after some time 30-60 seconds my fps performance gets worse and its mostly unplayable. i have tried to reinstall windows, reseted my whole...
  3. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game: Few days ago i have gotten a random black screen that caused this weird "bug". Whenever i start any game my fps are fine and normal but after some time 30-60 seconds my fps performance gets worse and its mostly unplayable. i have tried to reinstall windows, reseted my whole...
  4. FPS decreasing after few seconds of playing a video game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headset microphone mutes itself permanently after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone mutes itself permanently after a few seconds: I have recently purchased a Sennheiser GSP 300 headset with in-build microphone. However, when I try using the microphone on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad E590 with fully up-to-date Windown 10 in various programmes Discord, Zoom, the mic works all right at the beginning, but then...
  6. Headset microphone mutes itself permanently after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone mutes itself permanently after a few seconds: I have recently purchased a Sennheiser GSP 300 headset with in-build microphone. However, when I try using the microphone on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad E590 with fully up-to-date Windown 10 in various programmes Discord, Zoom, the mic works all right at the beginning, but then...
  7. Headset microphone mutes itself permanently after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sound decreases after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound decreases after shutdown: Hi, I have a question about a minor issue with a new Windows 10 laptop that I bought last month. If I turn my volume to say 20 then restart or shutdown the laptop, the volume is always 1 less than what it was. So 20 would be 19 or 30 would be 29. Like I say it's a minor...
  9. Sound plays on headset few seconds after I have plugged the cable in my laptop and the same...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound plays on headset few seconds after I have plugged the cable in my laptop and the same...: It's windows 10 OS on Dell Inspiron 5570. When I'm listening to a song, let's say on laptop's speaker, the song is playing good, no problem yet. Now, when I plug in my headphone cable, the sound should start hearing from headphone's speaker instantly, right? That doesn't...
  10. Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio in speakers goes silent after few seconds: Hello im using my new Hp Pavilion 15 CW1008LA Ryzen 7 / Windows 10 64 Bit - laptop for less then 2 months and for some reason the audio in my speakers is really low. If i turn on any Movie, game, YouTube the audio is normal but after few seconds is turning silent and you...