Windows 10: Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

Discus and support Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have an issue I have been struggling with for a few hours now. When I play youtube or spotify the sounds decreases to about 20% or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Buddy_Guyz, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

Hey guys, I have an issue I have been struggling with for a few hours now.
    When I play youtube or spotify the sounds decreases to about 20% or something of the total volume in about 10 seconds. The volume mixer, system volume and the like still all state 100%, so it's not an actual setting. This is only a thing of last week, I distinctly remember last thursday not having problems with this.

I tried setting the communication option to "do nothing" - no fix, I tried updating my realtek drivers - no fix, I tried searching for the enhancement tab - it's not there and I can't get it to appear. I have tried multiple options all to no avail. My laptop is the HP Pavilion - 15-cw1948nd.

Now it's definitely something to do with the speakers or it's drivers, since my headset (HyperX Cloud II) has normal sound. But that one has it's own soundcard, so that's most likely it.

Hope you guys can help me!

submitted by /u/Buddy_Guyz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Buddy_Guyz, Jun 30, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! :p

cadaveca, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! :p

Solaris17, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset!

1. Sounds of laptop speakers decrease after a few seconds, but not on headset! - Similar Threads - Sounds laptop speakers

2. Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Coming From Speakers instead of Headset: Hi, When I tried to use my headset, I plugged it in and no audio is coming from the headset, ive tried restarting updating os and drivers and nothings worked, what do I do in this situation?...
  3. Headset recognized as speakers

Headset recognized as speakers: Hello my Razer Kraken TE is recognized as speakers in the sound control panel. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-recognized-as-speakers/e083518d-ae74-4563-9ad7-3009192977f5
  4. Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes

Laptop webcam works for few seconds and then freezes: My laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 The Problem: The camera works, for a few seconds then the image freezes. In every camera\video app I've tried, the problem repeats: Win Camera, Zoom & Skype. What I've tried: Installing the latest windows updates. Uninstalling and...
  5. New laptop keeps freezing a few seconds after startup...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New laptop keeps freezing a few seconds after startup...: New laptop bought in May, used it about a total of 10 times in the past months, everything was fine until today I powered it off by holding the power button because it froze. I turned it back on and now it freezes at the login screen. And if i manage to get to the desktop...
  6. My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound

My Speakers & Headset Is Playing Sound: Hi, I have been roaming around the Microsoft forums and i have not found my problem at all. People have asked this question, and i have done everything they say, and nothing works I have a Windows 10 Laptop from about 2017 (Still under warranty till 27th of December,...
  7. No headsets sound

No headsets sound: Hi, Since I upgraded to Windows 10x64 anniversary edition on my HP Probook G2 laptop, I don't have anymore sound on headsets. After installing and uninstalling several drivers I got my sound back, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. What I tried: -...
  8. Popping sounds from speakers or headset

Popping sounds from speakers or headset: Today it just suddenly became popping sound whenever I play a round. From volume control and YouTube and any application. I've tried uninstalling restart then reinstalling driver but to no avail. I doubt it's an hardware issue because even when I plug in or on bluetooth...
  9. Automatically swap sound between speakers and headset?

Automatically swap sound between speakers and headset?: Hi all, and apologies for the long post. I'm trying to thorough. I currently have a Razer Kraken Pro Z analog headset (separate plugs for headphones and mic) plugged into the front audio and mic ports on my desktop. I have stereo speakers plugged into the back stereo port...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....