Windows 10: "Sounds" option not showing in my PC.

Discus and support "Sounds" option not showing in my PC. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops and in both of them the "sounds" option is available but it disappeared from my PC/Desktop. I am talking about what is underlined in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pedruu17, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Pedruu17 Win User

"Sounds" option not showing in my PC.

I have 2 laptops and in both of them the "sounds" option is available but it disappeared from my PC/Desktop. I am talking about what is underlined in the image. It's in portuguese, "Sons", which translates to "Sounds". I suppose this has to do with some windows update, hope you can help me out. My windows version is: 1909 OS build 18363.657

"Sounds" option not showing in my PC. [​IMG]

:)

Pedruu17, Mar 8, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue "Sounds" option not showing in my PC. :p

cadaveca, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 8, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. "Sounds" option not showing in my PC. - Similar Threads - Sounds option showing

2. There is no option for Wifi on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is no option for Wifi on my PC: So I just got a new PC recently, but when I booted it up there was no option to connect to any WiFi. So I tried looking around and when I checked on my internet settings and clicked on "change adapter options" I was surprised to see that there was only Ethernet capabilities,...
  3. "Sounds" option not showing in my PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Sounds" option not showing in my PC.: I have 2 laptops and in both of them the "sounds" option is available but it disappeared from my PC/Desktop. I am talking about what is underlined in the image, it's when you right click the speaker icon in the taskbar. It's in portuguese, "Sons", which translates to...
  4. No sound on my pc.

No sound on my pc.: i was playing a game one day and i hit my desk by anger, which makes my pc reset, then later i found out that i have no sound and i only found my virtual mic, not my actual audio (Realtek high definition audio) on the volumes option. i tried troubleshooting and it didn't...
  5. Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Option for My Surround Sound disappeared: I just installed a new SSD into my computer but now my surround sound soundbar doesn't work. I have my tv hooked to my computer through hdmi. My soundbar hooked to my computer through hdmi. They are both hooked through my 1080ti graphics card. Before today, I could have my...
  6. 5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10

5.1 surround sound not showing as an option in Win 10: I becoming very frustrated that I can not get Win 10 to recognize my 5.1 sound setup. I have gone through many forums and followed their advice and the only conclusion I have come to is the latest version of win 10 simply blocks or is broken were surround sound is concerned....
  7. "Sounds" option not showing when right clicking on the sounds icon tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sounds" option not showing when right clicking on the sounds icon tray: Normally between "Speaker setup" and "troubleshoot sound problems" there is a "sounds" option. However after reinstalling Windows 10 on my device, it does not show any longer. Image shows a better representation. [ATTACH]...
  8. no sound on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no sound on my pc: After Windows 10 did a repair to my pc they left me with no sound. I have tried for days to have my sound fixed but to no avail. The attitude of Microsoft and Windows 10 towards long standing customers is a disgrace. I am totally pissed off. I tried for hours today to get...
  9. Sound adjustments on my pc

Sound adjustments on my pc: I am using a Dell Studio XPS 7100 Computer and I am trying to find how to adjust the sound output. It is obviously straightforward to adjust the volume but, I cannot find a way of adjusting the bass and treble levels. I am not even certain that this is possible. Hopefully I...
  10. Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options: I am using the on-board sound from my GigaByte GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) and in the Windows 10 (same issue in Win7) control panel I dont get the "Microphone Boost" option shown here: [img] I...