Windows 10: "Sounds" option not showing in my PC.

Discus and support "Sounds" option not showing in my PC. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops and in both of them the "sounds" option is available but it disappeared from my PC/Desktop. I am talking about what is underlined in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pedruu17, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Pedruu17 Win User

"Sounds" option not showing in my PC.

I have 2 laptops and in both of them the "sounds" option is available but it disappeared from my PC/Desktop. I am talking about what is underlined in the image, it's when you right click the speaker icon in the taskbar. It's in portuguese, "Sons", which translates to "Sounds". I suppose this has to do with some windows update, hope you can help me out. My windows version is: 1909 OS build 18363.657

"Sounds" option not showing in my PC. [​IMG]

:)

Pedruu17, Mar 9, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue "Sounds" option not showing in my PC. :p

cadaveca, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 9, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. "Sounds" option not showing in my PC. - Similar Threads - Sounds option showing

2. Some Apps are not showing in the Advanced sound options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Apps are not showing in the Advanced sound options: Hello All, i have the mini GOXLR and i used to map the apps to different sound mixers within the goxlr using the Advanced Sound Options where i will choose the app and then choose my preferred sound output. lately some apps are not even showing on the list at all even though...
  3. Some Apps are not showing in the Advanced sound options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Apps are not showing in the Advanced sound options: Hello All, i have the mini GOXLR and i used to map the apps to different sound mixers within the goxlr using the Advanced Sound Options where i will choose the app and then choose my preferred sound output. lately some apps are not even showing on the list at all even though...
  4. My PC not showing WiFi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC not showing WiFi option: It only show Ethernet option in troubleshoot also show Ethernet option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-not-showing-wifi-option/41316a8b-091f-463e-a560-f96213556932
  5. My PC not showing WiFi option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC not showing WiFi option: It only show Ethernet option in troubleshoot also show Ethernet option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-not-showing-wifi-option/41316a8b-091f-463e-a560-f96213556932
  6. My PC not showing WiFi option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. my pc is not showing a shutdown option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my pc is not showing a shutdown option: when i click on start and select power it was not showing a shutdown and restart option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-showing-a-shutdown-option/d8b10356-6107-44af-be18-d978966e492a
  8. wifi option not show in my pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi option not show in my pc.: wifi option not show in my pc. i not conected from mobail wifi, only conect to cebal. itrying all seting[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-option-not-show-in-my-pc/799bf548-0c42-482c-8622-50c1686df5b8
  9. "Sounds" option not showing in my PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Sounds" option not showing in my PC.: I have 2 laptops and in both of them the "sounds" option is available but it disappeared from my PC/Desktop. I am talking about what is underlined in the image. It's in portuguese, "Sons", which translates to "Sounds". I suppose this has to do with some windows update, hope...
  10. Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone boost option not showing in Windows 10 sound options: I am using the on-board sound from my GigaByte GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) motherboard GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1150 - GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev. 1.0) and in the Windows 10 (same issue in Win7) control panel I dont get the "Microphone Boost" option shown here: [img] I...