Windows 10: "Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked.

Discus and support "Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Normally between "Speaker setup" and "troubleshoot sound problems" there is a "sounds" option. However after reinstalling Windows 10 on my device, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lechqu, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Lechqu Win User

"Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked.

Normally between "Speaker setup" and "troubleshoot sound problems" there is a "sounds" option. However after reinstalling Windows 10 on my device, it does not show any longer. Image shows a better representation.

"Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked. 1035e693-9cc8-4c90-97ca-6a1ff3d05698?upload=true.png

:)

Lechqu, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 1, 2019
  4. ogui Win User

"Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked.

Bioshock and No sound? WTF?

Bioshock 1 Sound Problem Fix in Windows 7

To fix the sound problem in Bioshock 1 under Windows 7, all you need to do is to ENABLE "Stereo Mix" in the Sound

Settings of Windows 7.

Step-by-Step Solution:

1. Access your system Sound Recording Settings
    In your status bar, right-click on the sound/speaker and select "Recording devices".
    OR
    (Alternatively, access the setting by click on Windows "Start Menu" > "Control Panel" > "Hardware and Sound" > click on link "Manage audio devices" under section "Sound" > click on the tab named "Recording" )

"Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked. [​IMG]

2. Enable Stereo Mix (see screenshot)
    Right click in the list of "recording device" where you should see "Microphone", "Line in", maybe "CD Audio".
    In the context menu, Tick the line called "Show Disabled Devices".
    Now you should seed "Stereo Mix" as a new Device.
    Right click on Stereo Mix and click on the first option of the context menu "Enable".

3. Disable Microphone, LineIn, CD*Audio
    There was an echo / reverb effect going on in the game which wasn't related to the in-game Reverb setting (OFF). I think the windows recording settings where creating feedback loop, so I disabled Microphone, LineIn and CD Audio and voilà! Problem was gone.

This is it, Bioshock should work.
    You can also take the time to review the options in "Stereo Mix Properties", for example I set Default Format to

2 channel, 16bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) in the advanced tab, just enforce quality.

Description of the Problem:
    • Once a game is loaded, there is no sound at all in Bioshock 1.
    • When I start Bioshock 1 under Windows 7, I can ear the background music in the main game menu, but there's no "on click" sound effect when clicking on the menu entries. That's a sign that the sound will not work after loading a game, not point wasting further time.
    Summary of things that didn't work for me:
    • Using compatibility mode ( 2000, XP SP2 or SP3) does not work ( game freezes at menu)
    • Installing Rapture3D drivers doesn't change anything
    • Reinstalling latest sound drivers or using Win7 native drivers is not necessary
    • Pluging-in earphones or microphone into the linein/mike inputs didn't work for me
    Hope this post will save you time to enjoy the game.

ogui

ogui, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. "Sounds" option not showing in the context menu of the sound icon tray when right clicked. - Similar Threads - Sounds option showing

2. Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.: Hello. I have Windows 11 Ver.22H2. Not sure if this problem happened after an update or not but the Windows security Icon in the system tray will no longer show the context menu when I right click on it. All other icons in the system try work fine no problem getting the...
  3. Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 System Tray Security Icon. No Context Menu when right click.: Hello. I have Windows 11 Ver.22H2. Not sure if this problem happened after an update or not but the Windows security Icon in the system tray will no longer show the context menu when I right click on it. All other icons in the system try work fine no problem getting the...
  4. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  5. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  6. Right Click context menu

Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  7. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-click context menu not showing all the options: [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there not a lot of options and not nay that i am familiar with other then the shortcut...
  8. In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth

in Windows 10 Support
    In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth: Hi, I have Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973). I am facing a up-to 3 problems for now. [img] 1- In start menu, icons are not there. They have disappeared. 2- In start menu and search, right clicking an app does not display "Run as Admin", and other options in...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. "Sounds" option not showing when right clicking on the sounds icon tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Sounds" option not showing when right clicking on the sounds icon tray: Normally between "Speaker setup" and "troubleshoot sound problems" there is a "sounds" option. However after reinstalling Windows 10 on my device, it does not show any longer. Image shows a better representation. [ATTACH]...