Windows 10: Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts??

Discus and support Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This bothersome issue started only recently (*maybe* since the last Win10 update). Initially, I thought it happened only when my computer went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dulee, Aug 13, 2019.

1. dulee Win User

Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts??

This bothersome issue started only recently (*maybe* since the last Win10 update). Initially, I thought it happened only when my computer went to sleep ... then I checked my settings and I have it set to *never* go to sleep.

These magical Windows wav sounds start playing only after I've been away from my computer for awhile -- after my monitor is no longer displaying my screensaver and is blank/black. (It's not a huge problem if I remember to turn my speakers off before I go to bed ... but when I forget the playing of the sounds jars me out of bed.)

My musical ear is not able to identify exactly which files are playing and when. But the frequency with which they play is constant: 30 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds. Then repeat the sounds at 30/30/60 second intervals.

Does this may sense? I've Googled the heck out of my question and find zero answers. Guessing it's either a Win glitch, I'm crazy, or my computer has a ghost. Help appreciated.

:)

dulee, Aug 13, 2019

2. PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hello

I have Dell core i5(7th generation). I am using windows 10. My system goes to sleep automatically sometimes. I have increased sleep set time but still I doesn't work. I usually happens while playing video game on my laptop. The game keep on running but system
    goes to sleep and I continues when I log in again.

Please suggest any solution for this problem.

Thank You.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

HamzaMinhas1, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts??

PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts??

1. Sounds play when PC goes to sleep. Do I have ghosts?? - Similar Threads - Sounds play goes

2. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  3. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  4. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep: My system is set to a 5 minutes screen sleep time, so when the screen is ideal for 5 minutes it sleeps. Every time the screen sleeps a ticking sound keep on coming until I wake it up. The sound is like the one similar to "mobile phone's camera trying to focus and taking...
  6. Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep: My system is set to a 5 minutes screen sleep time, so when the screen is ideal for 5 minutes it sleeps. Every time the screen sleeps a ticking sound keep on coming until I wake it up. The sound is like the one similar to "mobile phone's camera trying to focus and taking...
  7. Ticking sound when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 version 2004: PC plays device disconnected sound when monitor goes to sleep -...

Win 10 version 2004: PC plays device disconnected sound when monitor goes to sleep -...: My current PC is a new build October 2020 on new hardware, specifically an i7-9700K with integrated Intel video controller. I was aware of the problems with update 2004 and integrated video controllers before I did the build so I started with version 1909 and waited until...
  9. PC goes to sleep when Groove is still playing music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC goes to sleep when Groove is still playing music: When I use Spotify, as long as I'm playing music, the computer stays on. Whenever I use Groove Music however, the PC will still go into it's auto-rest, despite still playing music. Is there anything I can do about that? submitted by /u/hafuhafu [link] [comments]...
  10. Sound goes dead when playing games

Sound goes dead when playing games: Hey all, I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry if my post doesn't have the correct format. Now for the problem, I have Realtek HD Audio for my sound, but since a few windows 10 updates ago, my sound goes dead when playing games (League of legends, WoW aswell). I updated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. play spotify while pc is sleep mode