Windows 10: Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC

Discus and support Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a desktop running windows 10. I am the administrator and my two kids each have their own user logins (and family accounts with Microsoft).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RMGX1000, Feb 21, 2019.

1. RMGX1000 Win User

Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC

I have a desktop running windows 10. I am the administrator and my two kids each have their own user logins (and family accounts with Microsoft). When I login the PC works fine. However, when either of my kids login on their accounts there is no sound from any of the programs, although the incidental chimes and sounds Windows makes are still audible. This problem comes and goes, but it seems to be pretty much all the time now. And, if we do get sound on one of the accounts there is annoying random "close program" chime that just keeps happening.

I have run the sound troubleshooter and it says all systems are fine and have obviously checked all the sound and mute functions. Any thoughts on what I can do here? Thank you.

:)

RMGX1000, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 21, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC :p

cadaveca, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Sounds Problems with Multiple User PC - Similar Threads - Sounds Problems Multiple

2. Multiple Microsoft users on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microsoft users on my pc: Is there a way to move the desktop icons and files from one user to another on the same pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-microsoft-users-on-my-pc/ac2922ec-a521-47cc-8315-1d3f3babae35
  3. Multiple Microsoft users on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Microsoft users on my pc: Is there a way to move the desktop icons and files from one user to another on the same pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-microsoft-users-on-my-pc/ac2922ec-a521-47cc-8315-1d3f3babae35
  4. Multiple users on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users on one PC: When multiple users use the same PC, why can't User B see the files inside User A's folders in This PC 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos but can see the files on Local Disk? Also, how can I prevent another user from seeing what files I have...
  5. Multiple users on one PC simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple users on one PC simultaneously: I have a powerful PC, my partner has slow chromebook. Is it possible to make two instances of windows and both use my PC at the same time. i.e me sitting at my desk playing on my pc directly and her playing on her chromebook through remote desktop or something similar. 5/10...
  6. PC Gamepass multiple users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Gamepass multiple users: I need help setting up game pass on my PC, for both me and my son. One PC, 2 Windows logins - no xbox console i've read that you cannot share the gamepass across users, so I've purchased 2 game passes. the problem is we both seem to have to download seperate copies of...
  7. Multiple Users on a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Users on a PC: I'm new to the PC gaming world my kids are finally old enough to want to play more games. Of course, the kids want to play Minecraft. They each have free accounts on their Kindle Fire but now are wanting more action. If I buy Minecraft on PC Windows 10, will each of my kids...
  8. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  9. Adding Multiple users to a PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Multiple users to a PC: When trying to add multiple users on 1 PC, we were limited to 3 users (Windows 10 Home version), Is this the case with all versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-multiple-users-to-a-pc/360da7e5-e904-44f4-87fd-37b2030f2ad4
  10. Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 multiple users. One user has no sound.: I have pretty fresh install of windows 10. New PC with clean Windows 10, built in the end of November 2018. A month after it was built, I changed graphics card. From Nvidia 1050ti to 1070ti. I have two user accounts. After switching from one user to another the one that was...