Windows 10: Sounds Setting

Discus and support Sounds Setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does my headset is shown as speaker? While my speaker is as shown as headset. I am quite confused. Is there any way I can fix it? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenisseJG, Aug 8, 2019.

1. DenisseJG Win User

Sounds Setting

Why does my headset is shown as speaker? While my speaker is as shown as headset. I am quite confused. Is there any way I can fix it? Thank you

:)

DenisseJG, Aug 8, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sounds Setting :p

cadaveca, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 8, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sounds Setting

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Sounds Setting

1. Sounds Setting - Similar Threads - Sounds Setting

2. Sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings: A recent update (1903 I think?) absolutely **** my sound settings. I used to be able to easily change the default audio output between my headset and speakers but with the recent update I cannot switch audio to my speakers. Please help me thank you....
  3. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

No "stereo mix" option in sound settings: I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work. I searched for some solutions and they said to enable stereo mix in the sound settings. However when I went to my settings, I...
  4. Sound settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound settings: I am trying to connect my bluetooth headset in the computer. But it says "unplugged" how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings/ce5194f8-69f5-439b-9a51-dbae42ed6261
  5. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  6. Monitor now showing as "not plugged in" in Sounds Settings - cannot get sound!

Monitor now showing as "not plugged in" in Sounds Settings - cannot get sound!: For a week or so now, I haven't been able to get sounds to play through my monitor Monitor is plugged in to the graphics card via DP to HDMI cable - been working fine for the past 2 years Sounds can play through my headphones when I select the headphones device using the...
  7. Windows 10 RtkAudUSServiice64.exe - Bad Image (0xc000012f), can't acces settings, sound

Windows 10 RtkAudUSServiice64.exe - Bad Image (0xc000012f), can't acces settings, sound: Since I deleted a USB driver my windows wont work properly. The issues I'm having: -There is a pop up window at all times on my screen. It says: "C:\Windows\System32\schannel.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program...
  8. Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809

Stereo Only in Sound Settings for HDMI via Intel iGPU in Windows 10 Build 1809: Hi, On new HTPC (Asus WS-Z390-Pro [BIOS 0603], w/Intel i7-8700K & w/iGPU) I only have stereo configuration available in Sound settings/Playback for Intel iGPU (UHD 630) via HDMI to Onkyo TX-RZ1100 AV receiver (new, capable of 7.1 and setup for same). Not currently using the...
  9. Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Alarm sets but won't sound: I couldn't find the reason why the Windows 10 clock-alarm would set, but it wouldn't sound. I found various suggestions by folks here to the extent of reconfiguring sound files. I found no practical solutions from the Windows company. I then discovered that all i have to do...
  10. Sound setting after windows 10 update, version 1903

Sound setting after windows 10 update, version 1903: Updated to windows 10 version 1903 yesterday, but some sounds of videos/movies are very low. So I open the sound setting, then realized that under the enhancement tab, the options were replaced by 3 new options (night mode, 3D immersion and phantom speaker). Previously, I can...