Windows 10: Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July)

Discus and support Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I copied all of my themes over from my Win7 machine, but regardless of whether I try to tweak old themes or create new ones, the "Sounds" are NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColoMtnWoman, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July)

I copied all of my themes over from my Win7 machine, but regardless of whether I try to tweak old themes or create new ones, the "Sounds" are NOT customizable. You get a choice of "Windows default" or "No sounds"... When is this going to be fixed in Win10? (This is true as of Jul 23, 2016)...

:)

ColoMtnWoman, Jul 22, 2016

2. "Your organization used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app"

The free Win10 upgrade offer expired on 29 July 2016. Roll back to Windows 8 while you can still do so!

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 22, 2016
  3. pciide.sys corrupt

The free Win10 upgrade offer expired on 29 July 2016. How did you manage to upgrade the Win7 computer to Win10 in December 2016?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July)

The Win7 sounds might not carry over, but when I create a theme, with custom sounds, and .wav files and post it here: Solved Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums
    They do carry over.

Note: except for the very first few(which were created on Windows 8.1) all themes were created using Windows 10.

You could try getting ahold of the Win7 sounds files and folders, and pasting them in C:\Windows\Media. That's how I add custom .wav files, then just use Control Panel\Sounds and create my sound theme, mixing & matching.

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    I have transferred my themes over from Vista>Win 7>Win 8/8.1> Win 10 with no problem, if you transfer the actual Windows theme file as well any folders connected with the theme then clicking on the theme will set the sounds.
    All my created themes are in the documents folder & once the above file is clicked & theme is set I can choose it anytime.

Bastet, Jul 22, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs

Cliff S, Jul 23, 2016
  7. Bastet Win User
    I adore my themes, made them up myself using wallpapers found on various webpages or MS own wallpapers, created icons & cursors too.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July)

1. Sounds still cannot be customized in Win10 (2016, July) - Similar Threads - Sounds still cannot

2. Win10 update july problem starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 update july problem starting: Since July update can only get to profile screen by using ctrl/alt/del x 3 then selecting F2, is there any solution to restore normal access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-july-problem-starting/9effc8e4-acc4-4a6c-bc50-5e5a4843cc37
  3. Custom sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom sounds not working: I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  4. Office 2016 Custom installation or full?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Custom installation or full?: Just a quick poll out of curiosity, for those of you who have Office 2016 or other Office versions, do you select Custom or full install? Because I usually select Custom because I only use Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. I know it depends on what Office apps one is...
  5. Customize Startup Sound

Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  6. Custom System Sounds

Custom System Sounds: hello, I've been trying to change my USB connect and disconnect sounds, but they aren't playing at all. I am sure they are .wav files, and I can choose them in the change system sounds menu, but they aren't working. Any advice?...
  7. Custom Sound Schemes

Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...
  8. Lost custom Word 2016 templates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost custom Word 2016 templates: Where are my custom Word 2016 templates after reinstall? After a Windows 10 update apparently caused application corruption, my Word 2016 displayed the "need to activate" error. Troubleshooting fix reinstalled Office! Now of course my custom document design templates are...
  9. Office 2016 - Custom Install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - Custom Install: I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded. My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like...
  10. Microsoft Bot Framework July 2016 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bot Framework July 2016 Update: The industry is abuzz with news about bots and bot events. Of recent note, the Botness conference was a resounding success as was the Skype Hackathon held June 21-22 in the Valley. The energy and participation at these events has been inspiring and invigorating! Today, we...