Windows 10: source files could not be found

Discus and support source files could not be found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i can't enable dot net 3.5 and it results in an error saying that the component store is corrupted. So i used DISM scanhealth and it said that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bibhu KSahoo, Oct 24, 2019.

1. source files could not be found

i can't enable dot net 3.5 and it results in an error saying that the component store is corrupted. So i used DISM scanhealth and it said that the component store can be repaired . But after using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it says source files could not be found.
    Please Help!!!

:)

Bibhu KSahoo, Oct 24, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

source files could not be found [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Oct 24, 2019
  4. source files could not be found

Source file corrupted

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

please share the details.

• how are you installing the application( is it through DVD/ setup file downloaded to the computer)?

This issue might occur if the setup file is corrupt..ask I would suggest you to download a new copy of the wondershare application.

I would also suggest you to put the computer in clean boot and install, the wondershare application.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

source files could not be found

1. source files could not be found - Similar Threads - source files found

2. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  3. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  4. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  5. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  6. The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...: Hi,When I play games, it crashes. When I download games, file is corrupted. I have reinstalled a lot of time, reformat my SSDs, and still my window's files is corrupted. I have switch back and forth from windows 11 to 10. I have two m.2 SSDs 1tb and tried to use them...
  7. The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...

The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...: Hi,When I play games, it crashes. When I download games, file is corrupted. I have reinstalled a lot of time, reformat my SSDs, and still my window's files is corrupted. I have switch back and forth from windows 11 to 10. I have two m.2 SSDs 1tb and tried to use them...
  8. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  9. Dism problem "The source files could not be found"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism problem "The source files could not be found": I have done an SFC /scannow at least two dozen times now on my Windows 10 tablet, resulting in "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix them" message Several posts on this site alone tell me to do a "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" all of which people said...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...