Windows 10: source of network credentials

Discus and support source of network credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When trying to connect back to my desktop commuter from my laptop I am required to ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS. My MS account password does not work. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobMacPhail, Oct 4, 2018.

1. source of network credentials

When trying to connect back to my desktop commuter from my laptop I am required to ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS.

My MS account password does not work. Is there another password for my desktop?

:)

BobMacPhail, Oct 4, 2018

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Oct 4, 2018
  4. source of network credentials

Network Credentials - Windows 10

Hi Ford,

On this thread, one of the mentioned reasons why you encounter the networking error is due to an incorrect setup on the credentials. To determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• How many devices are affected?
    • Are you getting any error messages when connecting to a network? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

source of network credentials

1. source of network credentials - Similar Threads - source network credentials

2. Network credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network credentials: I've turned off password protected sharing, but I still get prompted for network credentials when I try to access a folder on my NAS that is mapped to a drive letter. How do I make windows stop asking for network credentials?...
  3. Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Credentials: I have an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 Pro. The version is shown as 20H2 and the build is 19042.804. The system has a Western Digital My Cloud connected via ethernet as NAS. One user, suddenly, cannot access her files, which are on this device. Windows is asking her to...
  4. Network Credentials?

Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  5. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  6. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  7. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: Network Credentials, I have 2 computers on my home network. Since MS deleted homegroup I cannot connect the computer the computers. They both show on each computer under network, but when I try to connect I am asked for network credentials. I enter the account and...
  8. Network credentials

Network credentials: How exactly do you create a network credential that works ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-credentials/4c78a2f6-83fa-445e-8410-cf36d7c70540"
  9. source of network credentials

source of network credentials: When trying to connect back to my desktop commuter from my laptop I am required to ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS. My MS account password does not work. Is there another password for my desktop?...
  10. network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    network credentials: how do I find my network credentials for getting to one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/network-credentials/5a264d6d-b154-4085-ab0b-81d2ed1ca00e