Windows 10: Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in...

Discus and support Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While on tab for url = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10557/windows-10-app-permissions , small popup message screen-box appeared with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hyperluckylink, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in...

While on tab for url = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10557/windows-10-app-permissions , small popup message screen-box appeared with following instructions: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in the Run box, and then press "Enter". I made screen-shot, but have not been able to reproduce the message, and not able to determine the source of the message. Following up with a query on "lbinfoadmin", led me to https://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/error-virus-removal/exe/windows/microsoft/msdn-disc-4617-02/lbfoadmin-exe/
    where it was recommended to uninstall the program as having some malware characteristics. To summarize: where did this popup originate, and who is the originator, and what is the purpose of the program?

Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in the Run box, and then press "Enter".

Following the instruction was not successful (fortunately). But how did it manage to popup, and does this popup give indication of some other underlying program which is undesirable? Thanks for any help with this weird question.

[Windows 10, Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407)] Since the question category and topic is vague, I chose 'Security & privacy'. If anyone feels that a better categorization applies, please do so.

:)

hyperluckylink, Nov 28, 2018
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in...

???Windows XP Update???

Try at YOUR own risk. And you MIGHT want to ty the other thing after(Windows Updates failed to instal).

What happens when you try update though IE ?..

Step 1: Remove the temporary folders of Windows Update.

1. Restart the computer.

2. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

3. Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.

4. After we log on, please click Start, click Run, type in "cmd" (without quotations) and press Enter. Please run the following commands in the opened window to remove the folder.

- Type in "RD /s %windir%\softwaredistribution" (without quotations) and press Enter. Please press Y when you are prompted to remove the folder.

- Type in "RD /s %Windir%\System32\Catroot2" (without quotations) and press Enter. Please press Y when you are prompted to remove the folder.

WARNING: Please do not remove the folder "Catroot" which is a system folder.

5. Please also browse to C drive and delete the folder WUTEMP. If you cannot see the folder, please click start, run, type in "cmd" and press Enter. After the DOS command window pop-ups, please type in "RD /s C:\wutemp" and press Enter to delete the folder.

Step 2: Reset the permission of the local hard drives.

========================================

1. Click Start, click Run, type "%windir%\help" (without quotation marks) and press Enter to open the Help folder.

2. Click Start, Run, type "%windir%\system32" (without quotation marks) and press Enter to open the System32 folder.

3. Open the attachment secedit.zip, copy and paste the file secedit.exe into the folder System32; copy and paste the file secedit.htm into the folder Help.

4. Click Start, click Run, type the following command and then press ENTER.

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

Important: The command is complicated, therefore I suggest you copy and paste the above command into the Run box.

After running the command, you will receive a "Task is completed" message, and a warning message that something could not be done. You can safely ignore this message.

For detailed information about this command, we may refer to this article:

How To Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313222

AsRock, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in...

1. Source of popup message: Press "Windows-R" to open the Run window. Type "lbinfoadmin" in... - Similar Threads - Source popup message

2. Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??: I have always been able to quickly open the windows app "Run", by just pressing "Windows + R"... That seems to no longer work for some reason, now it just randomly marks an icon on the desktop....
  3. Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does "Run" no longer open when I press "Windows + R" ??: I have always been able to quickly open the windows app "Run", by just pressing "Windows + R"... That seems to no longer work for some reason, now it just randomly marks an icon on the desktop....
  4. My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening: So for a while now I have tried to open up the Run Command on my windows. Instead of the little window that should be opening an error message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system...
  5. My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening

My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening: So for a while now I have tried to open up the Run Command on my windows. Instead of the little window that should be opening an error message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system...
  6. My Run Windows Key + R isn't opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows + r opened auto matically popup

Windows + r opened auto matically popup: I have open my pc any browser can be opened window+r buttons automatically opened how to resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-r-opened-auto-matically-popup/c1a6f538-8867-4403-9f53-b1199bb0d5df
  8. run windows key + r

run windows key + r: when i try to launch run and insert a command i get this window. this never happened before and i dont know how to fix this can someone please help me? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-windows-key-r/759b231a-2c71-4197-b761-292e36e8ff90
  9. Popup message

Popup message: Getting this message at startup "Work or school account problem. We need to fix your work or school account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experienced settings....
  10. popup messages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    popup messages: Hi Guys. Keep getting these popping up bugging me to upgrade, how do I stop these? going to give it 6 months or so before I decide which way or the other, if I'm going to go with windows 10 or stay with 7. thanks in advance. [img] [img] 14492

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pop up message in r