Windows 10: Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

Discus and support Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently had a corrupted windows and had thought that because it was corrupted it was about time to get a new Hard Drive anyways. So I bought a 3tb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Franklin Barhamand, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

I recently had a corrupted windows and had thought that because it was corrupted it was about time to get a new Hard Drive anyways. So I bought a 3tb Seagate HDD and reinstalled windows to it, first boot went great but when i turned the pc off fully and plugged in my other HDD with it and now every time I boot up my pc it saysBoot Device Not FoundPlease install an operating system on your hard diskHard Disk - 3F0F2 - System DiagnosticsBut when i hit F10 when booting up my pc and go to storage devices, both drives are listed but they aren't listed in boot order. I think it's a problem with th

:)

Franklin Barhamand, Jan 23, 2024

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 23, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    USB HDD: IN BIOS

Hi AJAY, in modern BIOS (UEFI) it is normal to have USB devices listed, such as USB HDD without drive being plugged in.

In older Legacy BIOS, a drive would have to be plugged in for it to be listed in BIOS, but not no londer . . .

DaveM121, Jan 23, 2024
  4. Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

Brendan Pollnow, Jan 23, 2024
Thema:

Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

1. Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices - Similar Threads - Sources HDDs wont

2. Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices: I recently had a corrupted windows and had thought that because it was corrupted it was about time to get a new Hard Drive anyways. So I bought a 3tb Seagate HDD and reinstalled windows to it, first boot went great but when i turned the pc off fully and plugged in my other...
  3. Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sources for HDDs wont show up in the BIOS menu but do in the connected devices: I recently had a corrupted windows and had thought that because it was corrupted it was about time to get a new Hard Drive anyways. So I bought a 3tb Seagate HDD and reinstalled windows to it, first boot went great but when i turned the pc off fully and plugged in my other...
  4. My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...: My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the drives attached to them. I have to keep the drive plugged in and restart the PC for the drive to show up. They work fine with my other PCs....
  5. My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...

My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the...: My external HDDs are not connecting the ASMedia ASMT105X controller shows up but not the drives attached to them. I have to keep the drive plugged in and restart the PC for the drive to show up. They work fine with my other PCs....
  6. My devices wont show up even though they're connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My devices wont show up even though they're connected.: Inside the Bluetooth & other devices page, all of my devices wont show up no matter what I do.All of them are connected both through wire and Bluetooth, all of them function normally.The problem I have is that whenever I want to connect my headphones through Bluetooth I have...
  7. Bios Menu not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios Menu not showing: So I'm currently having this problem where the Bios menu doesn't appear no matter what I do. I've gone through multiple methods, such as restarting my computer through the restore thing, and also tried to start my computer while holding down a key For this method, I've tried...
  8. Bios Menu not showing

Bios Menu not showing: So I'm currently having this problem where the Bios menu doesn't appear no matter what I do. I've gone through multiple methods, such as restarting my computer through the restore thing, and also tried to start my computer while holding down a key For this method, I've tried...
  9. Bios Menu not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD wont show up anywhere besides bios: my ssd will not show up at all in windows but when i go into bios it is there. I have a mag b550 tomahawk and a gen 4 ssd by crucial and it is very new...