Windows 10: space bar several times in a row. It opens windows and documents

Discus and support space bar several times in a row. It opens windows and documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I press the space bar several times in a row. It opens windows and documents. My question is this: How do I cancel this key and if you ask me why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ahron3210, Apr 11, 2019.

1. ahron3210 Win User

space bar several times in a row. It opens windows and documents

when I press the space bar several times in a row. It opens windows and documents. My question is this: How do I cancel this key and if you ask me why windows did it? I want to know how to disable this option

:)

ahron3210, Apr 11, 2019

2. Space..Bar

Hi Regina,

There are different reasons why your space bar and other keys are not responding.
    For us to properly isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• When was the last time that your space bar and other keys were working?
    • Have you made any changes on your machine prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your machine?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a
    quick test scan
    first on your computer to check for possible errors.
    You can visit your computer manufacturer’s website to access their
    Diagnostic Tool. The tool will help us determine if the issue has something to do with the hardware or software of
    your computer. If an error is detected, it will automatically fix and recommend other troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Apr 11, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. space bar several times in a row. It opens windows and documents - Similar Threads - space bar several

2. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen 5 times in a row: Hello. My laptop just got a blue screen 5 times in a row as well as a "windows didn't restart properly" This started happening after I installed halo infinite with high res and campaign. After it started boom my laptop got blue screen and it kept getting it. I don't think...
  3. Blue screen 5 times in a row

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen 5 times in a row: Hello. My laptop just got a blue screen 5 times in a row as well as a "windows didn't restart properly" This started happening after I installed halo infinite with high res and campaign. After it started boom my laptop got blue screen and it kept getting it. I don't think...
  4. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  5. Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen

Directory Lists: Less space between rows; more rows of data on screen: Using Windows 11 and viewing directories, one sees a vertical space between the rows, which consist of icons and text. In Windows 11, can that space between the rows be reduced so that more lines of information may be seen on the screen?...
  6. Several BSOD in a rows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Several BSOD in a rows: Hello, I have just finished building my computer. Everything worked flawlesslt for the first 2 days and I started getting a chain of BSOD. I can't work at all because they're so frequent. Here are the error names I got : System Service Exception win32kfull.sys...
  7. Unable to open documents from the search bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open documents from the search bar.: When I search for an item in my search bar, once found, I'm unable to open it directly. I have to go to the file folder it's in and open it from there. This has never been an issue until today. Occasionally, I will get a pop up that tells me I don't have permission to open...
  8. Timed 'open' status on Word documents

Timed 'open' status on Word documents: Hello all, Often I get up from my work desk to have a coffee, or lunch etc and I forget to close the word document I'm amending or creating. This is bad, but it happens. OK, I could make the desktop hibernate after a few minutes, but that's inconvenient. All I really need...
  9. Several New Word Documents open when Opening Discord

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several New Word Documents open when Opening Discord: Hello! In the last few days or so I've had a very weird issue that I've never seen before. I run Windows 10. On my taskbar I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft Word. When I turn my laptop on, I click the Discord shortcut to open it. Discord will open, but so...
  10. Excel spaces between rows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spaces between rows: Hi,, I have a col that is the result of an if function. =IF(H105="a",B105,"") Which results in a col of names in col O if there is an "a" in col H. But if it is not an "a" it is a space, how can I do it so that all the spaces are removed and I end up with a col of names with...