Windows 10: Space bar turning down volume

Discus and support Space bar turning down volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i don't know what could have happened, but from yesterday (2018 9.4) my space bar started lowering the volume whenever i press space, and whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Glowinglapis, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Space bar turning down volume

Hi, i don't know what could have happened, but from yesterday (2018 9.4) my space bar started lowering the volume whenever i press space, and whenever i press shift it acts like backspace. I haven't got a new keyboard or anything. And it became quite annyoying. I may have pressed something that acts like a shortcut but i don't know. Thanks.

:)

Glowinglapis, Sep 5, 2018

2. Space..Bar

Hi Regina,

There are different reasons why your space bar and other keys are not responding.
    For us to properly isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• When was the last time that your space bar and other keys were working?
    • Have you made any changes on your machine prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your machine?
    • What is the build and version of your Windows?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run a
    quick test scan
    first on your computer to check for possible errors.
    You can visit your computer manufacturer’s website to access their
    Diagnostic Tool. The tool will help us determine if the issue has something to do with the hardware or software of
    your computer. If an error is detected, it will automatically fix and recommend other troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Amylove Loy, Sep 5, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume Icon will not load to Notification Bar

Hello,

May we know if you have made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

We suggest to check if the system icons are turned off/on. To check the system icons, follow the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then click Settings
      > Personalization > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off.
    • Check if the Volume is turned off/on.

We look forward to an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Space bar turning down volume

Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Space bar turning down volume

1. Space bar turning down volume - Similar Threads - Space bar turning

2. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  3. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  4. Notifications turn down volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications turn down volume: I am in the process of breaking in a new laptop. When I have a call or streaming music and receive a notification from Teams, the volume turns down tremendously for ~10 seconds. I've gone into Sounds-Communications and specified 'Do Nothing' when Windows detects...
  5. Whenever I press space bar my volume goes down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I press space bar my volume goes down: As the title says, pls send help. submitted by /u/TachankaTheLord1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k79yoy/whenever_i_press_space_bar_my_volume_goes_down/
  6. space bar turns down volume

space bar turns down volume: Hello, whenever i press the spacebar, it turns off volume. I dont know how to fix it. Please write back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-bar-turns-down-volume/002ff751-47e3-4bd1-9636-49677bc6a36e
  7. Volume turns down on startup

Volume turns down on startup: I've been having an issue for a while now where applications are having their volume levels decreased every time I shut my computer down and start it back up. From things like window's System Sounds to applications like Discord, at times when I open the volume mixer these...
  8. Volume turning itself up and down

Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  9. my spacebar turns down the volume?

my spacebar turns down the volume?: hi,my name is mohammed i got a really weird problem in my spacebar, it turns down the volume,so when i press the spacebar the volume gets down. can anyone help me because it is getting annoying. thank you...
  10. volume keeps turning down by itself

volume keeps turning down by itself: I’ve been having this issue since last week and I really don’t understand how it started. Currently when I press any key on the keyboard and move the mouse, the volume turns down by itself. I tried to fix it myself using troubleshooting, then I ran virus scan and adjusted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. space bar on ipad keyboard is turning up volume

2. disable space bar turning down the volume