Windows 10: space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed

Discus and support space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Suddently today, when I turn on the pc I noticed the vertical space between the rows in file explorer has been chanded by itself, occupying a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marco A. Amez, Jul 6, 2020.

1. space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed

Hi,

Suddently today, when I turn on the pc I noticed the vertical space between the rows in file explorer has been chanded by itself, occupying a vertical space greather than before. This means that I can't see the same number of files and become so annoying. As I see, this happends in all the different views that file explorer offers.

In the task bar the horizontal space between icons has been changed too, and now can contain less icons than before.

I didn't change any configuration in windows, neither installed any new program.

Hoy can I fix it to have the same space than before?

:)

Marco A. Amez, Jul 6, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?

Suggest it as a feature for 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.

It used to have the option to minimize the spacing between the icons in the Taskbar for Pre-Windows 10 Operating Systems.

pepanee, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 6, 2020
  4. LegendOP Win User

space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between.
    Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!
    space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed 30f00765-e0aa-4fbb-8d58-0b0f631b3cc3?upload=true.png

LegendOP, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed

1. space between icons in file explorer and taskbar has been changed - Similar Threads - space between icons

2. KB5023706 - Bug: To much space between taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5023706 - Bug: To much space between taskbar icons: Hi,follwing system: Notebook running with Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22621.1413, no touchdevice, used als workstation pc with external keyboard, mouse and two displays additional to internal nootbookdisplay.After installing win update KB5023706 space between the taskbar...
  3. KB5023706 - Bug: To much space between taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5023706 - Bug: To much space between taskbar icons: Hi,follwing system: Notebook running with Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22621.1413, no touchdevice, used als workstation pc with external keyboard, mouse and two displays additional to internal nootbookdisplay.After installing win update KB5023706 space between the taskbar...
  4. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  5. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  6. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  7. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  8. Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?

Increase space between a set of taskbar icons?: Let's say I have 20 icons (small) equally spaced within the taskbar and that the last three on the right end all have to do with turning the computer on/off/sleep. I'd like to be able to put in a space or two that will separate these last three from the other 17 icons on the...
  9. change spacing between icons in Settings

change spacing between icons in Settings: Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687
  10. How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce spacing between icons in the taskbar?: Have my Win10 taskbar on the right side. Set small icons for the task bar. Is there a way to reduce the space between the icons in the taskbar so I can see more icons? 67340