Windows 10: Space for Windows on SSD

Discus and support Space for Windows on SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on a SSD in 37GB partition. Updates are taking space and I now have 11GB left. There is plenty of space on that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexanderHamilton2, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Space for Windows on SSD

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 Home on a SSD in 37GB partition. Updates are taking space and I now have 11GB left. There is plenty of space on that drive, so I would like to know if it is possible to extend Windows partition without destroying the OS. The other, more drastic, option would be to format and re-partition the drive and re-install Windows. I am not sure whether Microsoft would let me install a new copy of Windows.

Many thanks,

Alex

:)

AlexanderHamilton2, Jun 22, 2019

2. SSD space

I had to reset Windows 10 recently. the laptop worked wonderfully. The problem I have now is that the Dec Tuesday update did not work. Now windows modules installer continued to work and the SSD in one day filled almost to capacity. The SSD at the
    start of the day showed 63GB of space used. At the end of the day, the total was 203GB used. I went to system restore and rolled back to the time before the update. I then had 75GB of space used but each time I checked, the space on the SSD was getting
    smaller, about a GB every 20 minutes or so within 3 hours the used space went from 75gb to 102gb. I have since gone to the task manager and ended the process of Windows Modules Installer. The used space on the SSD is no longer getting larger, but how do I
    regain the lost space on the SSD. THe SSD is a Samsung 250 EVO 850.

lelandaholland, Jun 22, 2019
  3. SSD space

Thank you all for your suggestions. What I ended up doing was to insert my USB drive with the Fall Creator's update and reinstall over windows keeping all of my settings. After that my SSD which is my C drive had
    the total amount of space used down from 107GB of 250 to 51.7GB. Plus the December update that was causing all my problems and not installing, was installed.

4. Space for Windows on SSD

SSD space

Thank you all for your suggestions. What I ended up doing was to insert my USB drive with the Fall Creator's update and reinstall over windows keeping all of my settings. After that my SSD which is my C drive had
    the total amount of space used down from 107GB of 250 to 51.7GB. Plus the December update that was causing all my problems and not installing, was installed.

Thema:

Space for Windows on SSD

1. Space for Windows on SSD - Similar Threads - Space SSD

2. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....
  3. My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space: My storage on SSD C: i think is losing space i got a glimpse of it happening from 88,2 GB free of 216 GB to 83,2 GB free of 216 GB, is it normal for it to happend because the screen become black twice when it happend only showing my cursor after reaching 83,2 GB free it stop....
  4. Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?: This just recently started to show incorrect information could someone tell me how to fix this or what has happened to make this occur?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ssd-show-incorrect-space-but-in/4623114c-3eec-41c4-a331-79621d0e456d
  5. Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?

Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?: This just recently started to show incorrect information could someone tell me how to fix this or what has happened to make this occur?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ssd-show-incorrect-space-but-in/4623114c-3eec-41c4-a331-79621d0e456d
  6. I don't know what happened to 70Gb of space on my SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know what happened to 70Gb of space on my SSD: Hi! I have recently fully resetted my PC, right now I just downloaded some games, a browser and an app to set up an exterior usb macrokey pad. The problem is that my sdd 230GB has just 150GB of free space, but on it I have just downloaded a 41ishGB of game and the system...
  7. I don't know what happened to 70Gb of space on my SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know what happened to 70Gb of space on my SSD: Hi! I have recently fully resetted my PC, right now I just downloaded some games, a browser and an app to set up an exterior usb macrokey pad. The problem is that my sdd 230GB has just 150GB of free space, but on it I have just downloaded a 41ishGB of game and the system...
  8. I don't know what happened to 70Gb of space on my SSD

9. why my ssd use 100% disk space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my ssd use 100% disk space?: I HAVE 2 STORAGES SSD AND HDD. NOW MY SSDSYSTEM STORAGE USE 100% OF DISK. I FACE SOME PROBLEMS DURING DISKSSD USE 100%.. HOW CAN I SOLVE IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-ssd-use-100-disk-space/4622a225-734b-4fd2-9ff6-489cc321c2ed
  10. why my ssd use 100% disk space?

why my ssd use 100% disk space?: I HAVE 2 STORAGES SSD AND HDD. NOW MY SSDSYSTEM STORAGE USE 100% OF DISK. I FACE SOME PROBLEMS DURING DISKSSD USE 100%.. HOW CAN I SOLVE IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-ssd-use-100-disk-space/4622a225-734b-4fd2-9ff6-489cc321c2ed