Windows 10: Space in C drive!!!

Discus and support Space in C drive!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MsFanatic194, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Space in C drive!!!

There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I delete unnecessary files from the C drive but somehow they are automatically restored. I have tried the following solutions but still the problem continues:1 Disk Cleanup2 Disk Optimising and Defragging3 Clearing files using prefetch, temp and %temp%4 Manually deleting some files5 Removing unnecessary appsCan you please te

:)

MsFanatic194, Nov 24, 2021

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CSpace in C drive!!! :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Anwille Win User

Space in C drive!!!

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Space in C drive!!!

1. Space in C drive!!! - Similar Threads - Space drive

2. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  3. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  4. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  6. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  7. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  8. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  9. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive C: cannot exdend on a shrinked space on drive D:: Hello since i after dual boot Windows 11 pro and Windows Ultimate which is my favorite version.Since i ran out of space because of the 170 Windows updates i tried to extend my storage and i cant Should i remove drive C: and extend to 100 GB and reinstall windows 7 ultimate...