Windows 10: space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight

Discus and support space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so yesterday file explorer said my hard drive hat 35 gb left, and i just checked it again this morning while logging on to online school and for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/samiiiscool123, Jan 19, 2021.

1. space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight

so yesterday file explorer said my hard drive hat 35 gb left, and i just checked it again this morning while logging on to online school and for some reason it is now on 45.9 gb left. Im kinda happy that i have so much more free space i guess, but its kinda strange, and i havent realy deleted any big files.

Any comments woud be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/samiiiscool123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/samiiiscool123, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Cant find Toolbar in Internet explorer 11

Hello Cagney,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toolbar is missing in Internet explorer 11. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent updates?
    • Did you check in setting and try to check mark the command bar and check?
    I suggest you to follow some steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Right click on top in empty space near the tabs
      and select Menu Bar and Command Bar and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the issue is resolved.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight

1. space in file explorer went down by about 11 gb in overnight - Similar Threads - space file explorer

2. Windows 11 Folder Explorer can only see 1 GB of HDD space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Folder Explorer can only see 1 GB of HDD space.: I just bought a new HP Omen 30L computer with Windows 11. I take a 3 TB HDD from my old Windows 7 computer to install as a second HDD for extra data storage. I have 250 GB of data, videos, and music on the 3 TB HDD, but Folder Explorer can only see 1 GB of space. The Disk...
  3. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer sometimes closes overnight: Every few days or so, when I wake up my laptop in the morning, File Explorer will have closed. It's not a big deal to reopen it sometimes I've had a couple of instances of it open and had to navigate back to those folders, but I'd like to figure out why it does this. It's...
  4. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer sometimes closes overnight: Every few days or so, when I wake up my laptop in the morning, File Explorer will have closed. It's not a big deal to reopen it sometimes I've had a couple of instances of it open and had to navigate back to those folders, but I'd like to figure out why it does this. It's...
  5. File Explorer sometimes closes overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System and Reserve taking about 150 GB of Space: I just uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 on a new SurfacePro. There's only two applications reinstalled and 0 files. The System and Reserve are taking about 150 GB of space. Something seems wrong. Normally, I'm an Apple user. But I need this device to work with Zoom...
  7. Missing about 180 GB disk space on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing about 180 GB disk space on windows 10: This is my system: I can boot into either windows 7, or into another disk where there is windows 7 updated to windows 10. Both of these disks are SSD. I have also another drive in the system that is mechanical drive 1 TB. Both System drives are 254 GB. After the recent...
  8. c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive went from 5 gb remaining to 151 gb overnight while PC was off: I had low HD space left on the C drive. THe drive has always been compressed. Last night I powered off the PC with 5 gb free space, powered on this morning and now 151GB remaining. The drive is an SSD. Ideas?...
  9. File Explorer Preview Went Away........

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Preview Went Away........: New PC. File Explorer WAS working, then quit. Windows 10 Pro. Deleted One Drive. Using DropBox instead. Deleted Microsoft Office suite. Using LibraOffice instead. Ticked / tried every Preview Option in the ribbon, nothing. Can’t preveiw anything anymore, (doc, docx,...
  10. Lost about 8 gb windows file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost about 8 gb windows file: I only have the operating system on my SSD nothing else. its only a small SSD so thats the reason i use it just for booting. i had about 18GB left on the SSD last night and when i have turned on the pc today i have realised that im down to about 9GB left can anyone comfirm...