Windows 10: Space left on disk is lower than it should be.

Discus and support Space left on disk is lower than it should be. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So... There is about 22 gb of disk space left on my hard drive showed in the image below.But... When I checked my all folder disk space it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ivanABCEI, Aug 18, 2023.

1. ivanABCEI Win User

Space left on disk is lower than it should be.

So... There is about 22 gb of disk space left on my hard drive showed in the image below.But... When I checked my all folder disk space it says this..All files use about 120 gb of the hard drive but the disk says that 210 gb is used. So where is the other 90gb???

:)

ivanABCEI, Aug 18, 2023

2. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/free-up-disk-space

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 18, 2023
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Aug 18, 2023
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Aug 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Space left on disk is lower than it should be. - Similar Threads - Space left disk

2. Space left on disk is lower than it should be.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space left on disk is lower than it should be.: So... There is about 22 gb of disk space left on my hard drive showed in the image below.But... When I checked my all folder disk space it says this..All files use about 120 gb of the hard drive but the disk says that 210 gb is used. So where is the other 90gb???...
  3. Space left on disk is lower than it should be.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Space left on disk is lower than it should be.: So... There is about 22 gb of disk space left on my hard drive showed in the image below.But... When I checked my all folder disk space it says this..All files use about 120 gb of the hard drive but the disk says that 210 gb is used. So where is the other 90gb???...
  4. Files taking up more space than they should.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  5. There is no disk space left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is no disk space left: Hello there... I got into a trouble and cant find actual solution for me. I accidentally fullfilled my ssd 100%. And now my windows gone into restart loop. I went to command prompt >chkdisk list disk etc and then i found that "there is no disk space left.And the command...
  6. There is no disk space left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no disk space left: Hello there... I got into a trouble and cant find actual solution for me. I accidentally fullfilled my ssd 100%. And now my windows gone into restart loop. I went to command prompt >chkdisk list disk etc and then i found that "there is no disk space left.And the command...
  7. There is no disk space left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. fps lower than it should be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps lower than it should be: I'm having a problem where my fps is lower as it should be on a good pc. For example, in League of Legends, I'm having low fps -55ms. I don't know why. On my old pc which is gtx 960, I'm having almost 200fps. Now, my pc is new, this is the specs: Ryzen 5 2400G 8GB RAM...
  9. Windows showing more used disk space than it should

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows showing more used disk space than it should: The Windows File Explorer says I've used 226 GB out of my 475 GB drive. I thought this number was off, so I checked each large file on the drive (ProgramFiles, ProgramFilesx86, Users, Windows, WindowsUpgrade, etc). Long story short, it all adds up to 186.55 GB instead of the...
  10. Lower disk space after each update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lower disk space after each update: Hi! I have a five year old Lenovo Z560 laptop. After my last windows 10 update( 2 days ago), the driver's disk space on which windows is installed suddenly dropped to 400 MB. I tried to clean up system files but simply after running disk cleanup the checkbox does not...