Windows 10: Space management in Windows 10

Discus and support Space management in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have 250 GB SSD in my Laptop and at present C: occupying approximately 170 GB and D: 67 GB. My need is to allocate some C: free space to D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saha Babu, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Saha Babu Win User

Space management in Windows 10

Hi,

I have 250 GB SSD in my Laptop and at present C: occupying approximately 170 GB and D: 67 GB.

My need is to allocate some C: free space to D: like C: to be 130 GB and D: to be 110 GB

While trying to shrink C: using Disk Management utility shows only 87 MB of available shrink space whereas it has 95 GB(approx.) free space.

Any suggestion how to change space allocation to below requirement:

C: 170 GB to 130 GB

D: 67 GB to 110 GB

Thanks

:)

Saha Babu, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Space management in Windows 10

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Space management in Windows 10

1. Space management in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Space management

2. Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...: Hi, I'm trying to create a seperate partition on my 1tb drive, by shrinking the partition of my current primary partition on the drive. Disk management says there's 157.67GB of free space on the drive, however the 'Size of available shrink space' when using the shrink utility...
  3. Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management not allowing me to shrink my drive beyond 2184mb, despite 160gb of space...: Hi, I'm trying to create a seperate partition on my 1tb drive, by shrinking the partition of my current primary partition on the drive. Disk management says there's 157.67GB of free space on the drive, however the 'Size of available shrink space' when using the shrink utility...
  4. Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11: I have configured 3 identical 4TB USB attached drives as a single mirrored/ RAID 5TB Storage Space under Windows 10. Will this SS be usable if I simply plug these 3 drives into a second machine, this one running Windows 11?...
  5. Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11

Managed Storage Space under Windows 10/11: I have configured 3 identical 4TB USB attached drives as a single mirrored/ RAID 5TB Storage Space under Windows 10. Will this SS be usable if I simply plug these 3 drives into a second machine, this one running Windows 11?...
  6. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  7. How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to combine all the unallocated space in disc manager?: Actually, I've partitioned three discs, but I now need extra room for the C drive, so I've taken a few gigabytes of space from another disc say d drive. There is currently no option to extend the C drive space. Now, what can I do?For testing purposes, I also attempted...
  8. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  9. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  10. Windows Manage Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Manage Storage Spaces: Dear Windows Team,Are there any list of drives which are supported to use manage storage spaces.As I have 10x 5TB WD My Passport Drive all drives shows error while creating for pool like the listed drive doesn't support the pool option.Then which drives should I use?Any...