Windows 10: Space management.

Discus and support Space management. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! So, My Space in my C Drive only have about 50% space left, and my D drive has about a TB and its empty. Is it Possible to transfer my Data from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Euan Sandico, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:37 PM.

1. Space management.

Hi! So, My Space in my C Drive only have about 50% space left, and my D drive has about a TB and its empty. Is it Possible to transfer my Data from my C drive to my D? If not, what do i do?

:)

Euan Sandico, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:37 PM
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:41 PM
  4. Space management.

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Thema:

Space management.

1. Space management. - Similar Threads - Space management

2. Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management: How do I move my unallocated space from disk 0 to disk 1 without using any outside sources. [Original Title: Disk Management] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-unallocated-space-in-the-disk-management/b88aa317-e6d3-4902-9fd4-6794aa4912b9
  3. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management: Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same...
  4. Disk Space Cleanup Manager making outbound network access

Disk Space Cleanup Manager making outbound network access: I noticed that Disk Space Cleanup Manager (cleanmgr.exe), is occasionally trying to make an outbound network request to a Microsoft IP address. Why does cleanmgr.exe require internet access to perform its job? 169409
  5. What is this reserved space showing under properties in Device Manager?

What is this reserved space showing under properties in Device Manager?: Hi, I am trying to figure out the cache of my laptop's HDD. So, I went to the device manager, right clicked the disk drive, picked properties and am seeing 128Mb. Is this the HDD cache space or is this something else? If not, what is it? And how can I figure out my HDD...
  6. Windows Update Disk Space Management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Disk Space Management: Hi all just having a problem with updating my windows 10 pc. I dont currently have enough space to download it and i wanted to know if i can use another drive and if theres a way to configure this. i have a C: drive which is my SSD and has windows on it and a D: drive which...
  7. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...: So I've been trying to create a partition out of unallocated space on my HDD. In disk management it shows 427.30 GB as unallocated space. If i try to create a Simple Volume through the 'New Simple Volume Wizard' and select the defaults, it shows an error message saying "There...
  8. I compared the speeds of a two-drive Storage Spaces mirror vs a Disk Management mirror and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I compared the speeds of a two-drive Storage Spaces mirror vs a Disk Management mirror and...: [ATTACH] I'll try to keep this short. Basically, I've got two 5TB drives that I want to mirror and get the highest performance possible via software RAID. I'm not interested in a hardware RAID right now so I'd like to just focus this conversation on Storage Spaces vs Disk...
  9. Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work

Manage Storage Spaces does not appear to work: Storage Spaces appears to be non functional in 19041.388 version 2004. I have tried adding 5x 10tb drives formatted as ntfs gpt. I receive this error [ATTACH] So I deleted the ntfs partitions. Same error. Rebooted. Same error. Use disk part to clean the drives,...
  10. New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing

New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing: Hello. I am having problems with a hard drive. My drive was not showing up in "This PC" and I created new simple space in Disk Management. Now, the new volume shows up in "This PC", but it is not possible to see my files. The size of the hard drive is now 1.81 TB instead of 2...