Windows 10: Space saver

Discus and support Space saver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brink has a tutorial posted on cleaning up the Win10 WindowsSxS folder. Those same commands work on Win8.1 and possibly Win7, I can't recall for sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roger, May 1, 2015.

1. Roger Win User

Space saver

Brink has a tutorial posted on cleaning up the Win10 WindowsSxS folder.
    Those same commands work on Win8.1 and possibly Win7, I can't recall for sure about Win7*Huh
    With all the large ISOs and ESDs floating around some may be low on space. I hadn't checked the WindowsSxS folder of Win8.1 for quite awhile so today I followed Brink's tutorial and cleaned it out. I saved about 10GB disk space by running those DISM commands.
    My Win8.1 WindowsSxS folder is now about 1GB larger than the folder in a fresh clean install of Win10/10074 *Smile

I was curious about whether extraneous files were saved in that folder on a fresh install and ran the utility on Win10.

No reduction so apparently cleaning the folder won't help with Disk Cleanup after a clean install *Biggrin

YMMV

:)

Roger, May 1, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

Put a space between screen ans saver - screen saver.

Also go Settings, Personalize, Lock screen, Screen saver settings.

lacrumb, May 1, 2015
  3. ivanko34 Win User
    space bar problem on E72

i found maybe the solution for the space bar bug

menu

ctrl. panel

settings

general

personalisation

themes

power saver

none

after that the space bar never stopped again for my phone

ivanko34, May 1, 2015
Thema:

Space saver

1. Space saver - Similar Threads - Space saver

2. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  3. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  4. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  5. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  6. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  7. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  8. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

9. Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...

Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...: When you have multiple monitors but only switch them on as and when required, programs that you had previously opened before your last reboot/shutdown, when opened again, have a tendency to open off screen on some magical ether of desktop space that doesn't exist. Switching...
  10. Auto Space Saver utility deleting previous versions of Windows ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Space Saver utility deleting previous versions of Windows ????: the other day, a notification popped up stating that the Auto Space saver was enabled. When I investigated, there was a section at the bottom of the page about deleting previous versions of Windows which i didnt understand . I dont understand why this would be an option?...