Windows 10: Space saver

Discus and support Space saver in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brink has a tutorial posted on cleaning up the Win10 WindowsSxS folder. Those same commands work on Win8.1 and possibly Win7, I can't recall for sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roger, May 1, 2015.

1. Roger Win User

Space saver

Brink has a tutorial posted on cleaning up the Win10 WindowsSxS folder.
    Those same commands work on Win8.1 and possibly Win7, I can't recall for sure about Win7*Huh
    With all the large ISOs and ESDs floating around some may be low on space. I hadn't checked the WindowsSxS folder of Win8.1 for quite awhile so today I followed Brink's tutorial and cleaned it out. I saved about 10GB disk space by running those DISM commands.
    My Win8.1 WindowsSxS folder is now about 1GB larger than the folder in a fresh clean install of Win10/10074 *Smile

I was curious about whether extraneous files were saved in that folder on a fresh install and ran the utility on Win10.

No reduction so apparently cleaning the folder won't help with Disk Cleanup after a clean install *Biggrin

YMMV

:)

Roger, May 1, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

Put a space between screen ans saver - screen saver.

Also go Settings, Personalize, Lock screen, Screen saver settings.

lacrumb, May 1, 2015
  3. ivanko34 Win User
    space bar problem on E72

i found maybe the solution for the space bar bug

menu

ctrl. panel

settings

general

personalisation

themes

power saver

none

after that the space bar never stopped again for my phone

ivanko34, May 1, 2015
Thema:

Space saver

1. Space saver - Similar Threads - Space saver

2. Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted blank space in taskbar post "News and Interests": Hello, I recently ran Windows Update and was surprised to see my Recycle Bin icon added via toolbar on the taskbar was about 1.5" from the task icons, for no apparent reason. It took me a good bit of screwing around to realize that returning the taskbar to the bottom of the...
  3. Mail App Sent Items folder keeps removing <space> between words in Subject Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App Sent Items folder keeps removing <space> between words in Subject Line: Hi there,Windows 10 Mail App keeps removing <space> from Subject lines in "Sent Items" folder. We have tried to uninstall and install the Mail App but that didn't fix the issue....
  4. space bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    space bar: when ever i press space bar it jumps to forward how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-bar/d9e91036-5ab3-4e34-8a03-fca3a98fd232
  5. recovery of deleted unallocated space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery of deleted unallocated space.: Hi, While I have been working on my system for partition I had mistakenly deleted my unallocated space in disk management which is of nearly more than 900mb space.I need the unallocated space to be back in my system is there any way to recover that please if anyone knows...
  6. Two way mirror storage space with 4 drives - correct setup Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Two way mirror storage space with 4 drives - correct setup Windows 10: I have already setup one pool with 4 drives ( 2 x 3tb and 2 x 500gb) and using them as one storage space (one drive letter) with two way mirror. Everything works fine but if I disconnect both the 500gb drive and the 3tb drive then the virtual drive doesnt work. which means I...
  7. Find files with names with spaces

Find files with names with spaces: I have created duplicate files by accident in my music library, for example, I will have01 You Got It.m4a and 01 You Got It 2.m4aI, therefore, want to search all files that end on _2.m4a where my underscore represents a space for explanation.However, when I search on "*...
  8. System Restore space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore space: Much much space do you allow for system restore points. Is there a general rule. Like to hear your thoughts on this. 180690
  9. Freeing up space on C:

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freeing up space on C:: Is there a simple app that'll show what paths on C: contain all the data? My C: is 230GB and 192GB is used. 5GB is in C:\Users\Me\AppData. Can some (what?) be safely deleted? Thanks. Using Win 10.0.19041.964 180693
  10. Auto Space Saver utility deleting previous versions of Windows ????

Auto Space Saver utility deleting previous versions of Windows ????: the other day, a notification popped up stating that the Auto Space saver was enabled. When I investigated, there was a section at the bottom of the page about deleting previous versions of Windows which i didnt understand . I dont understand why this would be an option?...