Windows 10: Space

Discus and support Space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I free up space on my laptop? I have delete most of my documents, emptied the recycling bin, removed temporary files but I still don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClareShannon, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Space

How do I free up space on my laptop? I have delete most of my documents, emptied the recycling bin, removed temporary files but I still don't have enough for updates.

Thank you

:)

ClareShannon, Mar 30, 2019

2. space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 30, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Moving Unallocated Disk Space to End of Disk

Was commenting on the pic in post #21. Not suggesting anything. It just looked like the step you were doing was incomplete.

f14tomcat, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Space

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Space

1. Space - Similar Threads - Space

2. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  3. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  4. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  5. Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files

Windows 11 "There is not enough free space on ___" when trying to move files: Yesterday I started having issues moving files on my E: drive. I was moving and organizing files when I started getting the "There is not enough free space on _____." Sometimes the folder name would be the receiving folder and sometimes it would be the original...
  6. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  7. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  8. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

9. Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...: When you have multiple monitors but only switch them on as and when required, programs that you had previously opened before your last reboot/shutdown, when opened again, have a tendency to open off screen on some magical ether of desktop space that doesn't exist. Switching...
  10. Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...

Programs launching outside of visible desktop space - you've had decades to address this...: When you have multiple monitors but only switch them on as and when required, programs that you had previously opened before your last reboot/shutdown, when opened again, have a tendency to open off screen on some magical ether of desktop space that doesn't exist. Switching...