Windows 10: Spacebar acting as Enter

Discus and support Spacebar acting as Enter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Spacebar is acting like the Enter key in message boxes and this is the first time I have noticed it in the 6 months I have had the laptop (HP x360).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Mar 17, 2020.

1. rdwray Win User

Spacebar acting as Enter

My Spacebar is acting like the Enter key in message boxes and this is the first time I have noticed it in the 6 months I have had the laptop (HP x360). I just checked an older Dell running Windows 10 Pro and it does the same thing so it is a Windows issue, how to solve?

:)

rdwray, Mar 17, 2020
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Why does my Enter and Backspace act weirdly?

I have an Asus X540-YA laptop, and sometimes when I press the Backspace, instead of deleting the character, it writes down the combination of "74321", and sometimes some dots as well. Same thing with my Enter, sometimes it just types "nbz" instead of jumping
    a line when typing. I have tried to restore my Windows 10 the the original settings and re-install a driver ASUS sent me, but it did not help. Any suggestions what could cause it, or what could I do?

Dávid Bűdi, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Spacebar acting as Enter

ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Spacebar acting as Enter

1. Spacebar acting as Enter - Similar Threads - Spacebar acting Enter

2. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  3. Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Spacebar enter backspace and up and down keys and problem with fingerprint...: Hello I wonder if anybody can help me with 2 issues i'm having. Problem one : this has been happening for a while my spacebar, enter, backspace, down and up arrow have not been working! By the way the left and right arrow keys are working but the up and down are not. Also it...
  4. Spacebar, Delete and Enter not working during videogames

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar, Delete and Enter not working during videogames: While I play Videogames, my Spacebar, Delete and Enter Keys stop working. i tried everything from uninstalling the driver and install it again to using the prompt to search for problems. the only way this solved was uninstalling the videogame from steam and steam and...
  5. Spacebar, Delete and Enter not working during videogames

Spacebar, Delete and Enter not working during videogames: While I play Videogames, my Spacebar, Delete and Enter Keys stop working. i tried everything from uninstalling the driver and install it again to using the prompt to search for problems. the only way this solved was uninstalling the videogame from steam and steam and...
  6. Spacebar not working

Spacebar not working: I am using my on screen keyboard right now since my spacebar is not working at all. This is a desktop and the keyboard is connected via cable. It works on other device so I know it is not my physical keyboard. I checked on the spacebar as well to see if there is a damage but...
  7. My enter key is acting like a left click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My enter key is acting like a left click.: Anytime I press the enter key, not the one on the number pad, it acts like a left click and brings up the paste/copy window and I cant find out how to fix it. any help would be appreciated, thanks....
  8. Enter key is acting as left mouse click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enter key is acting as left mouse click: So I have had my wired mouse and keyboard for a while, some months, never had any issues. Last night I went to control panel, went to uninstall a program, and I repaired both X64 and X86 Microsoft visual C++ programs. I reset my PC today while getting several PC updates....
  9. Spacebar or Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Spacebar or Enter key is not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Spacebar and Enter keys are used the most times, and they go unnoticed by anybody who is using a computer. We only realize the value of these unsung heroes of our daily computing when they stop working. It is an [...] This post Spacebar or Enter key is not...
  10. enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working: Certain keys does not work in my HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10 Education 64 bit. After some googling a suggested workaround is to turn on the Airplane mode\disable the wifi adapter via device manger,after which the keys seem to work fine. However once airplane...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard 8 enter 74321

2. spacebar acts as return